Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I'm not sure that we'll end up with a seed this year, but I'm equally convinced that this team is better "on paper" than 8 teams on our schedule. Whether that translates into 8 wins or not remains to be seen.
    Just curious outside of ISU and NDSU which team you don't think we'll be better than on paper? Not arguing, genuinely curious on your thoughts considering "on paper" we're supposed to be the 2nd best team in the conference. I don't see a strong candidate other than us for the 2 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Just curious outside of ISU and NDSU which team you don't think we'll be better than on paper? Not arguing, genuinely curious on your thoughts considering "on paper" we're supposed to be the 2nd best team in the conference. I don't see a strong candidate other than us for the 2 spot.
      UNI. They're a hard team to predict. They were very young last year, so it makes sense that they'd be a tough out this year. However, they are so up and down. They have the potential to be the #2 team in the conference, but that's been their story off and on for the last decade. I actually would lean towards us beating them in Cedar Falls this year, and losing at ISUr. I don't rink ISUR will have a better season than us, but we haven't won at Normal since 2009.

Also, I think WIU is being underrated in the polls, but they aren't on our schedule this year.

Comment

It sounds like SDSU is in the running to pick up a couple of studs. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Snyder boys from West Lyon. Brandon is the starting safety for Iowa and Jaden was going to be a freshman at Iowa this year. Sounds like Brandon might have been kicked off the team and now both brothers are on the market and both met with Stig recently. To make this post fit in this thread I will say, if you end up picking up two Big 10 level players right now, then I think your season outlook will improve.

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
          It sounds like SDSU is in the running to pick up a couple of studs. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Snyder boys from West Lyon. Brandon is the starting safety for Iowa and Jaden was going to be a freshman at Iowa this year. Sounds like Brandon might have been kicked off the team and now both brothers are on the market and both met with Stig recently. To make this post fit in this thread I will say, if you end up picking up two Big 10 level players right now, then I think your season outlook will improve.
          very interesting

Comment

Sounds like they are going to call this a grad transfer, but from what I hear that is kind of a spin job. Some wild rumors going around Iowa about what led to this, but this would be a big pickup for whoever gets these boys.

Comment

Thanks for the interesting tidbit, Yote4Life. I'm guessing the Coyotes go 7-4 this season. Maybe 6-5.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                very interesting

It's why you recruit up.... never know when FBS players are looking for a different opportunity.

Comment

Looks like he's declared that he's going to grad transfer.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...acl/865158002/

He tore his ACL twice in 2017, sounds like he's on a comeback, but he got in trouble for an OWI in Iowa (Operating while intoxicated) and blew .163 percent. *looks around* Maybe him and Stig can find common ground in their love for Joose *sleeks away*

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    Thanks for the interesting tidbit, Yote4Life. I'm guessing the Coyotes go 7-4 this season. Maybe 6-5.
                    Ya, I would say one of these two predictions is right for the Yotes. Hopefully the 7-4 and not the 6-5, but I do think it will be one of those.

Comment

Its official on twitter. Somewhere Bulldog just popped a nut over this news. JK I do sincerely miss Bulldog's contribution and knowledge about the Iowa players. I hope he comes back as it appears we are more committed to recruiting that area than in the past.

This is a big get for an already fairly strong safety room. It'll be interesting to see how quickly he picks up the defense. The Jacks wouldn't take him if they didn't they he could contribute.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        Its official on twitter. Somewhere Bulldog just popped a nut over this news. JK I do sincerely miss Bulldog's contribution and knowledge about the Iowa players. I hope he comes back as it appears we are more committed to recruiting that area than in the past.

This is a big get for an already fairly strong safety room. It'll be interesting to see how quickly he picks up the defense. The Jacks wouldn't take him if they didn't they he could contribute.
                        Oh, he will contribute. If he stays healthy he will contribute. Don't believe what you hear about potential playing time being an issue at Iowa. He was slated to be the starter there once again. I will be surprised if brother Jaden doesn't follow soon. Damn, I was hoping the Yotes would be able to get these guys.

Comment

Back to Callender, Zimmer tweeted "Defensive end Daniel Callender has been removed from the South Dakota State football roster on gojacks dot com." and when asked if he has any insight, he replied "Just wasn't working out. Hearing he's headed to a JuCo back home in AZ.". Too bad, seemed like he had a lot of potential.

On the bright side, we just got an FBS safety to transfer right before camp starts. That pick up could prove to be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            Back to Callender, Zimmer tweeted "Defensive end Daniel Callender has been removed from the South Dakota State football roster on gojacks dot com." and when asked if he has any insight, he replied "Just wasn't working out. Hearing he's headed to a JuCo back home in AZ.". Too bad, seemed like he had a lot of potential.

On the bright side, we just got an FBS safety to transfer right before camp starts. That pick up could prove to be huge.
                            Am I the only one who feels like we have more transfers than we used to? Not a huge fan of that, but hopefully they work out. I know the team has a strong culture to help these guys get on the right track, but I worry if you have too many that can erode away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I mean, I could be wrong. We might just have more high profile transfers that are more noticeable.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                                Am I the only one who feels like we have more transfers than we used to? Not a huge fan of that, but hopefully they work out. I know the team has a strong culture to help these guys get on the right track, but I worry if you have too many that can erode away.

I think we have more transfers now because we are a more desirable program. A top 10 program with chance of winning national championship, along with several former players now on NFL teams makes it an attractive place to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X