Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Default 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Here’s an interesting thing to wonder about. With the new 4 game rule for redshirting do we see Gibbs get some mop up action throughout the season, if he’s as good as advertised? Would TC have a year left if the rule had been in place 4 years ago? Guess I should look that up myself, but if Gibbs is all he’s cracked up to be I would think we would want him to get some snaps this year to get a handle on the speed of the game and whatnot.

After looking it up TC played way over the 4 game mark, but maybe the coaching staff handles it differently with Lujan if the rule had been in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Default Re: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Here’s an interesting thing to wonder about. With the new 4 game rule for redshirting do we see Gibbs get some mop up action throughout the season, if he’s as good as advertised? Would TC have a year left if the rule had been in place 4 years ago? Guess I should look that up myself, but if Gibbs is all he’s cracked up to be I would think we would want him to get some snaps this year to get a handle on the speed of the game and whatnot.

After looking it up TC played way over the 4 game mark, but maybe the coaching staff handles it differently with Lujan if the rule had been in place.

This rule is definitely going to make blowouts more exciting. It's probably going to make for some interesting decisions. Do you only play a guy in two games to get him some experience and see what he's got, that way if there's a short term injury, you could potentially use the other 2 games for that and still call it a redshirt year. I am excited to see Gibbs in action though. Nice to know that it could potentially be this year instead of having to wait a whole year.

Eidsness speculated that it would have been different and that they wouldn’t have burned a year.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Eidsness speculated that it would have been different and that they wouldn’t have burned a year.
    Oh what could have been. Ooh well, life goes on.

Another note, reading your line preview, our o line is gigantic. Seems to be the Badger influence on Eck.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Big shoutout to you btw for keeping the football news coming during fall camp while our beat writer is off fangirling over an amateur baseball tournament.

Big shoutout to you btw for keeping the football news coming during fall camp while our beat writer is off fangirling over an amateur baseball tournament.

Does this actually bother you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Does this actually bother you?
    Well when I live in a place where there’s 5 stories a day coming out about the local team, he says on Twitter he does things like this for fun and his job is the SDSU beat writer, and he hasn’t put out an article about anything since camp started, yes it does. Especially when I only bought an Argus subscription specifically for Jacks coverage.

Well when I live in a place where there’s 5 stories a day coming out about the local team, he says on Twitter he does things like this for fun and his job is the SDSU beat writer, and he hasn’t put out an article about anything since camp started, yes it does. Especially when I only bought an Argus subscription specifically for Jacks coverage.

1) Seems like your beef should be with the Argus. I'm fairly certain Zim's coverage area is much more broad than SDSU, considering he has to help cover USF and Augie

2) I count two articles about SDSU since camp started. Maybe you missed them?

3) Is he not allowed to do things for fun/have a life outside of work?

4) Again, I'd say your unhappiness should be directed at the Argus, not Zim, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

1) Seems like your beef should be with the Argus. I'm fairly certain Zim's coverage area is much more broad than SDSU, considering he has to help cover USF and Augie

4) Again, I'd say your unhappiness should be directed at the Argus, not Zim, but that's just me.
    According to Zim’s tweet today he does the USF and Augie stuff because h wants to and his full time responsibility is just SDSU. Have fun outside of work, but when your being outpaced by a guy with a full time job outside of the teams coverage then I take issue with it. And sorry guess I miscounted by one on the articles part.

I mean he did say that he is on the SDSU beat full time and occasionally he does other stuff because he wants to. If you judge by the past couple weeks, it seems like SDSU is more of a part time gig for him compared to the rest of the stuff he has put out. Just saying.