Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I still think we should do a pheasant themed uniform for the opening season weekend one year. I mean, we are South Dakota's team afterall...
    No no no not a good idea! I assume, you are joking. Let hunting trade associations do their own advertising. If these folks want this, they owe the athletic department big time.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      I'm curious how the offensive line shakes out this year? Coach Eck just tweeted how Jack Domandle is "Stepping up with the 1st group."

In WestSide's blog last week, Domandle was listed in the "interior linemen who will provide depth" category. If Domandle is taking snaps with the first group, are they moving him in at center or guard? I hope it is center so we can have Genant and Weir occupy the right side of the line again. If that is the case, we will have a relatively "small" line. I say small despite all projected starters weighing in between 295 and 310 lbs. Unless things change from Westside's projections, Evan is the only one taller than 6'5". We will have five hogs with 6'5" to 6'8" frames occupying the depth chart. This doesn't include many of the freshmen. One thing for sure, you can never have too much depth on the offensive line.

Oops: I forgot about Evan Greenway as a projected starter in my original post.
      There are some injuries on the o-line. Nothing major and they should be okay and back to practice soon. Sorry I can't be more specific.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Watched the kelo article about sdsu media day and during some of the video saw someone in the pink jersey. Any idea who that was? I couldn't tell.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Watched the kelo article about sdsu media day and during some of the video saw someone in the pink jersey. Any idea who that was? I couldn't tell.
          A few years back Stig commented on pink jerseys being worn when team rules were violated. I can not imagine fall camp being exempt.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 08-15-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

It’s getting closer - season tickets just arrived !!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
              It’s getting closer - season tickets just arrived !!
              Okay thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                A few years back Stig commented on pink jerseys being worn when team rules were violated. I can not imagine fall camp being exempt.
                I'd say its either a defensive or offensive linemen because they are wearing knee braces on each knee. No idea who though. The number of pink and purple jerseys has been down significantly this year.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  No no no not a good idea! I assume, you are joking. Let hunting trade associations do their own advertising. If these folks want this, they owe the athletic department big time.
                  I like your thinking, but if we do it a couple years and show it to be popular, it could be a great way to get different organizations to bid against each other to have the opportunity to have their name on the game and sell jerseys with their logo on them. Sometimes you need to show something works to get money out of it. Plus, we need to do whatever we can to get people in the stands for the pheasant season right now as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I was half joking/half not. Hell, we have, or have had in the past, "The Beef Bowl", the Dairy Drive, the Cereal Bowl, the Lamb Bonanza, and the Pork Classic...

What's not to like about a "Rooster Round Up" given the company above. Get some big time sponsors, and have local outdoor channel star Benny Spies (Lives in Watertown and went to SDSU) make an episode centered around it. Get Pheasants Forever, SDGFP, the university fish and wildlife department, and the state tourism board together and have a couple of fundraiser hunts for the big donors, a feed, auction off a few shotguns/guided hunts, have a tail feather competition, and have a little expo at the tailgate. Oh, and special uniforms for the game. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

...So maybe I was 1/8 joking, 7/8 serious...

Comment

I was half joking/half not. Hell, we have, or have had in the past, "The Beef Bowl", the Dairy Drive, the Cereal Bowl, the Lamb Bonanza, and the Pork Classic...

What's not to like about a "Rooster Round Up" given the company above. Get some big time sponsors, and have local outdoor channel star Benny Spies (Lives in Watertown and went to SDSU) make an episode centered around it. Get Pheasants Forever, SDGFP, the university fish and wildlife department, and the state tourism board together and have a couple of fundraiser hunts for the big donors, a feed, auction off a few shotguns/guided hunts, have a tail feather competition, and have a little expo at the tailgate. Oh, and special uniforms for the game. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Like the governor's hunt only cooler! I like it! (Disclaimer I also don't hunt)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Might be a good promotion with right resources, those you mentioned, bringing their dollars. I have never been a hunter and the pheasant population in the area around Brookings is down compared to the 1950’s that you hardly notice out of staters anymore, but are very noticeable in SF. Most of the hunters fly in. It’s good idea.

Comment

Our blue tops with the white is the best look we've had in years, followed by blue and yellow or all blue for home jerseys. The "Black Jacks" is one of the worst, imo. It was cool on Hobo Day 2016, and then they just kept using it as the alternate in the playoff game against Nova and a couple of times last year. Black and blue is not a good combo. If you go black, you gotta commit and get the black helmets and pants too. I'd rather see a white helmet or yellow helmet for the next alternate.
                          If they wore the black helmet, would you prefer a white or yellow decal, and would you rather have it be the angry rabbit or the stretch SD? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            I like your thinking, but if we do it a couple years and show it to be popular, it could be a great way to get different organizations to bid against each other to have the opportunity to have their name on the game and sell jerseys with their logo on them. Sometimes you need to show something works to get money out of it. Plus, we need to do whatever we can to get people in the stands for the pheasant season right now as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Offer discount on concessions items or at stadium store for fans having 2018 hunting licenses?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Like the governor's hunt only cooler! I like it! (Disclaimer I also don't hunt)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
                              Cooler and potentially more accessible to fans. Opportunities to participate in Governor's Hunt seem considerably more limited.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                If they wore the black helmet, would you prefer a white or yellow decal, and would you rather have it be the angry rabbit or the stretch SD? Just curious
                                Either color on stretch SD. Just no blue, anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X