SDSU at Target Field July 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU at Target Field July 12

Just in case someone didn't get a report on SDSU day at Target Field held July 12...

I had heard that about 2500 tickets with an accompanying Twins cap in SDSU's color and bearing an SDSU logo were sold. A picture of the cap is below. I couldn't make it to the game due to a prior commitment (in Vermillion of all places!) but my family was well represented. I got a cap because the USD branch of the family thought it better that I wear the yellow and blue.

After a two-hour rain delay, Jake Weineke took the mound in one of the TC/Jacks caps and a Twins jersey, and threw in the opening pitch. During the game the video board flashed information about SDSU including a big picture of mascot Jack (I think he was in the stadium). The Twins beat the Rays 5-1. Lots of SDSU fans without the hats too. I hope that becomes a regular event...if not every year, perhaps every other year.

[Click on the image to make it larger.]

SDSU TC hat.jpg
    Last edited by JackJD; 07-22-2018, 03:59 PM.

Re: SDSU at Target Field July 12

Did they have that many hat-ticket packages ? I believe they originally said 1000.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Did they have that many hat-ticket packages ? I believe they originally said 1000.
      We heard about 2500 from someone who would have access to the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        We heard about 2500 from someone who would have access to the facts.
        I heard they originally planned low, but demand allowed them to easily increase the number. Supposedly there is a waiting list the alumni association has for those who still want a hat.
        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
        X