Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FearEd no more

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    I get your smacking us on that. For the record, I’ve never “thumped my chest” about our school being superior because we have business, medical, etc. I was fortunate it enough to play in this series and understand the significance of the rivalry. I like to banter back and forth and enjoy the ribbing with everyone ( well not Mitchell...he’s way to serious ).

But to to defend my degree from our business school, using reported admissions numbers provided by our respective universities ( ours being a flagship......just kidding ) and using the numbers in the report in question, it would indicate that student fees going to athletics is roughly $190 at SDSU and $160 at USD per student. That would mean your students are paying nearly ( but not quite ) 20% more.

The bottom line is I don’t care where you get your money from. If you utilize it to build a quality program then more power to you.
    Lets be honest though, the real reason we get so salty about the student fees thing is because of how we were treated when we went DI vs you guys when it comes to things like student fees. I also really enjoy the banter with both our rivals, ndsu fans just tolerate me better. Well, some do
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

first they steal the San Diego Padres logo, now they steal the Penn St slogan "we are-Penn State". Have they no shame. I include the following link for their marketing dept to maybe help them be more original

https://brandongaille.com/how-to-cre...your-business/

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        first they steal the San Diego Padres logo, now they steal the Penn St slogan "we are-Penn State". Have they no shame. I include the following link for their marketing dept to maybe help them be more original

It was between the "We Are South Dakota" and "You can go more anywheres from here"
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Hey, tbh I'm proud of them for overcoming their debilitating fear of Ed. Kudus to them for that!
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            Hey, tbh I'm proud of them for overcoming their debilitating fear of Ed. Kudus to them for that!
            Idk though... From what I've heard ED is still a big concern for most male USD alumni.

Comment

"We are Marshall" was an inspirational chant for a university that suffered a devastating plane crash and the name of a pretty good movie. Imitation is flattery, I guess.
              This space for lease.

Comment

That's what I was think of.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't know who has set the "We Are ... " bar the highest, Marshall or Penn State, but the Coyotes, once again, will have a tough act to follow. They start with zero points for originality.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    I don't know who has set the "We Are ... " bar the highest, Marshall or Penn State, but the Coyotes, once again, will have a tough act to follow. They start with zero points for originality.
                    Marshall copy from Penn State that chant?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Marshall copy from Penn State that chant?
                      Marshall used it well after Penn St. Marshall didn’t even use it as depicted in the movie.

Comment

Perhaps we should help our friends at USD with a few possible planks for their "We are" campaign. Here are a few suggestions:
                        We are … the economic and social hub of Clay County (the one in South Dakota)!
                        We are … in the 11th biggest town in South Dakota, and it's only a few miles off an interstate highway!
                        We are … the second biggest and third or fourth best university in South Dakota!
                        We are … in a town with a McDonald’s, Burger King AND a Taco John’s!
                        We are … big fans of the Vermillion Tanagers, Maria Bultina and that guy who used to give us money!
                        Last edited by Jacked_Up; 07-20-2018, 10:33 PM.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post

Have you ever compared the coyote's logos with the Lobos logos?
                          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Perhaps we should help our friends at USD with a few possible planks for their "We are" campaign. Here are a few suggestions:
                            We are … the economic and social hub of Clay County (the one in South Dakota)!
                            We are … in the 11th biggest town in South Dakota, and it's only a few miles off an interstate highway!
                            We are … the second biggest and third or fourth best university in South Dakota!
                            We are … in a town with a McDonald’s, Burger King AND a Taco John’s!
                            We are … big fans of the Vermillion Tanagers, Maria Bultina and that guy who used to give us money!
                            We are ... really good at pole vaulting
                            We are ... basically Iowa
                            We are ... not losing as much in football
                            We are ... trying our best
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

What I don't understand about these types of slogans (outside of their gimmicky nature) is that they're risky. If the yotes come up to Brookings on 11/17 and get it handed to them, how silly will they look to all the casual fans in the state? It's the type of cocky statement that has to be backed up, or it'll backfire. I get that their "mission" with this slogan is broader than beating SDSU, but it's clearly focused on being the premier home state team, which means athletic superiority over the Jacks. And if they don't do that, what's next? Back to the drawing board, and another new campaign in 4 years? Slogans are dumb to begin with, but they're extra foolish when they are hitched to on the field outcomes. If they come up here and win in November, I guess it'll pay off when they can say "See! We ARE South Dakota (for the first time in 18 years). It just seems desperate and likely to backfire, just like the 605 campaign, the FearEd campaign, the Joe Glenn campaign, and whatever else they've concocted in marketing 101 down there. Obviously, all of the campaigns aren't working too well when their ticket sales have remained stagnant.

We are...the best in the Dakota's

Comment

The following was spotted on Twitter and the link forwarded to me. It’s a video clip made by a USD guy, I’m told. The guy has a pretty good sense of (sarcastic) humor and he’s offering advice for incoming USD freshmen.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vincevega...435797505?s=12

On a serious note: a couple weeks ago I spent a week in Vermillion at the law school as an instructor in a course for lawyers. I made a point of driving around — lots of changes going on. Vermillion looks much better than it did a few years ago. Most notable is the available housing for students has dramatically improved with more apartments under construction.

Comment

Working...
                                X