Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FearEd no more

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
    Having a law school, med school, ed school, and business school doesn't factor in at all?
    So... You're a normal university that teaches multiple disciplines. Congratulations, you're like almost every other university.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      i know you won’t take my word for it so google or research it for yourself. There’s 1 flagship university in the state of South Dakota. And it isn’t you. But rather USD
      And who gives a Fck. Who is a bigger university now? The big dance? Do you even know about it? Semis of playoffs? Congrats on a win....

Comment

i know you won’t take my word for it so google or research it for yourself. There’s 1 flagship university in the state of South Dakota. And it isn’t you. But rather USD
        i know you won't take my word for it, but google flagship.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          And who gives a Fck. Who is a bigger university now? The big dance? Do you even know about it? Semis of playoffs? Congrats on a win....
          They're basing it on when school was founded/established rather than enrollment, which seems fairly common. Personally I'm a fan because the "sinking flagship" memes after sports contests almost write themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I think we can give them Clay County.
            Hey! Let's not cede Spencer, IA so easily.

Comment

I see the Coyote football team is already flying their colors from the flagship

flag.jpg
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                i know you won't take my word for it, but google flagship.

I’ll bite. I just googled flagship universities......52 of them. Now what?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  I see the Coyote football team is already flying their colors from the flagship

[ATTACH=CONFIG]964[/ATTACH]

This is funny.

I tried to to find a flag with someone cramping but no one makes one.....yet

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                    Hey! Let's not cede Spencer, IA so easily.
                    Also the Clay County Fair

Comment

I’ll bite. I just googled flagship universities......52 of them. Now what?
                      Google Flagship. Montanarabbit wanted you to google Flagship, not flagship university. But then youre not real bright.

Comment

Want to have a discussion on student fees? One school had $2.4M and the other $1.6M. You would think by your comment we had more. Nope. You have 50% more in student fees.
                        I would think someone from the school that thumps their chest about the business school would figure this out. We have way more students. We charge less in student fees per student. So we end up with a bigger dollar amount. What we are mocking is the fact that your athletic department is subsidized at a 60ish% clip by your students and university funds, while ours is one of the lowest percentages in the country at 36%.
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;332424]Google Flagship. Montanarabbit wanted you to google Flagship, not flagship university. But then youre not real bright.[/QUOTE

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            I would think someone from the school that thumps their chest about the business school would figure this out. We have way more students. We charge less in student fees per student. So we end up with a bigger dollar amount. What we are mocking is the fact that your athletic department is subsidized at a 60ish% clip by your students and university funds, while ours is one of the lowest percentages in the country at 36%.
                            I get your smacking us on that. For the record, I’ve never “thumped my chest” about our school being superior because we have business, medical, etc. I was fortunate it enough to play in this series and understand the significance of the rivalry. I like to banter back and forth and enjoy the ribbing with everyone ( well not Mitchell...he’s way to serious ).

But to to defend my degree from our business school, using reported admissions numbers provided by our respective universities ( ours being a flagship......just kidding ) and using the numbers in the report in question, it would indicate that student fees going to athletics is roughly $190 at SDSU and $160 at USD per student. That would mean your students are paying nearly ( but not quite ) 20% more.

The bottom line is I don’t care where you get your money from. If you utilize it to build a quality program then more power to you.

Comment

I get your smacking us on that. For the record, I’ve never “thumped my chest” about our school being superior because we have business, medical, etc. I was fortunate it enough to play in this series and understand the significance of the rivalry. I like to banter back and forth and enjoy the ribbing with everyone ( well not Mitchell...he’s way to serious ).

But to to defend my degree from our business school, using reported admissions numbers provided by our respective universities ( ours being a flagship......just kidding ) and using the numbers in the report in question, it would indicate that student fees going to athletics is roughly $190 at SDSU and $160 at USD per student. That would mean your students are paying nearly ( but not quite ) 20% more.

The bottom line is I don’t care where you get your money from. If you utilize it to build a quality program then more power to you.
                              The USA today report combines student fees and university funds allocated to the athletic departments.
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

You're using total enrollment in the calculation for those numbers. Look at the degree seeking/ full time numbers for both universities, and you'll see the difference. Degree seeking undergrads are the primary sources of fees, with a higher credit load, and much larger enrollment. USD has 6100 of those. SDSU has 9700. That's where the difference lies. As was cited earlier, the general activity fee at SDSU is also lower. I don't know what percentage of each fee at each school goes to athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X