Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cable Cutting

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I hear ya on the home phone...but we did find a need for it. My kids are home alone now at times...so we wanted them to be able to call us if needed...so either they get cell phones, or we pay once for an Ooma and now we have a home phone. It barely gets used, but it is there if needed. Nobody else has the number, so it just has the one purpose.

With your Directv package I don't think you can pass that up...$45/month is pretty good. Sling has some add ons for sports, but it won't grant you access to the regular apps (at least I don't think so). Now $90 for internet? That seems really high...I don't know your situation...just wondering if you are on a really fast internet and could go to a slower option and still have more than enough?

Sling works well if you aren't a channel surfer/or don't spend hours and hours in front of the tv. I only had a handful of channels I watched anyway...and Sling had all of them. I find that 90% of cable channels are garbage that just get passed over. And Sling has most shows in a catalog for a while, so no need for a dvr. It also saves your place just like a dvr. Again though, wouldn't be for you...at your price there is no reason to switch.
    Yeah, it's a company called Golden West. Like I said they're the only game in town. We use our home internet pretty hard, so I don't want to go any lower. I've got a projector hooked up to directv then I stream on 2 roku boxes to 2 other TVs at the same time so I can catch 3 games at once during football/basketball season.

Comment

I also have Golden west the $90 s is because of the requirement to have phone in order to have internet. you can buy just phone but not just internet, I chewed on the vice president of GW about that once, It's due to all the federal $$$ they get having rural phone subscribers. And no We don't get all that fast of speed (25Mbps)Not overly slow either, but it's ironic when I have fiber to my house even out in the country. I forgot you live in Dells? Cap'n. FWIW my MIL works for GW. I don't get anything special unless hey are running a promotion

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        I also have Golden west the $90 s is because of the requirement to have phone in order to have internet. you can buy just phone but not just internet, I chewed on the vice president of GW about that once, It's due to all the federal $$$ they get having rural phone subscribers. And no We don't get all that fast of speed (25Mbps)Not overly slow either, but it's ironic when I have fiber to my house even out in the country. I forgot you live in Dells? Cap'n. FWIW my MIL works for GW. I don't get anything special unless hey are running a promotion
        Yeah, I have a good buddy that works for them that I rib about it all the time. Doesn't really matter when they have a monopoly. Nobody else is about to bring fiber through town, so you just have to swallow the pill. Yeah, I live in Dells.

Comment

FTR for those of you worried about local channels, if your biggest worry is that you wont get CBS, NBC, ABC, or FOX for sporting events or their programming they all have apps you can use on a Roku or whatever you choose I'm pretty sure. I haven't missed a sporting event yet and don't watch the local news stations so I have forgone the antenna entirely. I've managed to get midco internet for $45 for 75 mb, T Mobile pays our Netflix, and we already have Prime.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
          X