Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Camp

I figured we might as well start a thread for camp and all of the preview articles that are to come.

We are only two and a half weeks from camp starting. I put together some thoughts and questions I have going into it.
    http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...questions.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Training Camp

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I figured we might as well start a thread for camp and all of the preview articles that are to come.

We are only two and a half weeks from camp starting. I put together some thoughts and questions I have going into it.
    A very good report. Thank you

Comment

That was a good article, really appreciate the work you put in. My biggest questions for me is how are we going to be at the DT position and how well do we do replacing Onesorge. IMO those two things will be the difference between this team being good and great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        That was a good article, really appreciate the work you put in. My biggest questions for me is how are we going to be at the DT position and how well do we do replacing Onesorge. IMO those two things will be the difference between this team being good and great.

I'm hoping DTs are at least serviceable, because our DEs have a chance to be really good, but that won't mean a thing if we can't stop early runs and force late passing downs. Speaking of which, I want to see if Callendar can find a way to stay on the field, because it seems like he's got the physical attributes and the motor to be a really special player. I'm also definitely looking forward to watching Earith, Smenda, and Kern continue to develop, and see if Tolu can get on the field at DE (or maybe DT?).

Comment

DTs: Krockett and Xavier will be solid. I think Stacker will be better and Hilldahl had a really good camp last summer before getting hurt the week of Duquesne. He never seemed right after that. We’ll see I guess.

Center: I trust Genant to be fine. He’s so intelligent and has the bulk to hold up. Pretty amazing this is his 3rd position in 3 years. I’d be more concerned if we were leaving it to Domandle and Boen to battle for but having Genant there erases most of my concern.

Comment

This team is definitely not as talented as last year. If so then the freshmen and red shirt freshmen class is better than last years seniors, not. The rest of the players were on the team last year so talent isn’t close when you have a very talented senior class graduate. The team might have more depth but then the recruiting is getting better. Depth means players must step forward and show their talent or it will be a mediocre season.

The health of the team will be very important just like any year. The OL must stay healthy and gel to be very good. Replacing LT and C will be a challenge. Tiano must be ready, healthy and lead this group. Can Genant stay healthy and is he athletic enough to fit the center position. I believe Boen is out again with injury. Genant won’t wow you but should be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
              This team is definitely not as talented as last year. If so then the freshmen and red shirt freshmen class is better than last years seniors, not. The rest of the players were on the team last year so talent isn’t close when you have a very talented senior class graduate. The team might have more depth but then the recruiting is getting better. Depth means players must step forward and show their talent or it will be a mediocre season.

The health of the team will be very important just like any year. The OL must stay healthy and gel to be very good. Replacing LT and C will be a challenge. Tiano must be ready, healthy and lead this group. Can Genant stay healthy and is he athletic enough to fit the center position. I believe Boen is out again with injury. Genant won’t wow you but should be consistent.
              Jesus man do you think anyone on the team is worth a hoot?

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Jesus man do you think anyone on the team is worth a hoot?

No not really

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

I noticed a few new faces on the roster including the transfer from NC St. Also a LB who redshirted at Texas Tech a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                    I noticed a few new faces on the roster including the transfer from NC St. Also a LB who redshirted at Texas Tech a year ago.
                    Kyle Andersen is son of Chad Andersen who played at USD and believe was from Mitchell and now resides in Texas.

Comment

I'm not seeing Michael Littleton Jr. on the roster. Anyone have any info on him?

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                        I'm not seeing Michael Littleton Jr. on the roster. Anyone have any info on him?
                        Stuff going on back home. Myles Johnson and Clayton Hooper are both going to Arizona State and not playing football. So the class lost 3 players agin this year hat had signed.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like our retention of recruits is subpar. I know all schools lose players in the off season, but I've noticed that we seem to lose more than our fair share over the last 8 years. It also seems like many of the players we've lost over the last 5 years are our Nebraska recruits, specifically out of the Omaha metro. Maybe I'm off base though.

Comment

Inside the Hashes interview with Ryan Earith:
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              Maybe it's just me, but it seems like our retention of recruits is subpar. I know all schools lose players in the off season, but I've noticed that we seem to lose more than our fair share over the last 8 years. It also seems like many of the players we've lost over the last 5 years are our Nebraska recruits, specifically out of the Omaha metro. Maybe I'm off base though.
                              Meh, it is probably par for the course in this day and age. As for Nebraska recruits, it isn't a surprise this year with Frost taking over in Lincoln and re-establishing the redshirt program that was made famous under Osborne. Nebraska kids dream of putting on the Husker jersey some day. If they have the opportunity to do it, they probably will jump at the chance.

Nebraska is going to get back to being a solid program again under Frost. Not contending for national titles every year but certainly very competitive within the Big10.

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X