Jake Wieneke in the Pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jake Wieneke - Vikings Hopeful

Jake and Montreal play at 4 today on ESPN2 at Ottawa.!

Comment

Touchdown Wieneke!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
        Touchdown Wieneke!!!!
        Excellent thank You for the update

Comment

Just noticed that Stefan Logan, USD/2007, is also on Montreal's roster. He's 38 years old. Logan had a terrific career at USD, and to his credit, has spent time in the NFL. I admire his durability.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
            Just noticed that Stefan Logan, USD/2007, is also on Montreal's roster. He's 38 years old. Logan had a terrific career at USD, and to his credit, has spent time in the NFL. I admire his durability.
            It is amazing how time flies. Stefan Logan 38? I think the last time we played USD In Vermillion 2004, before we moved up to FCS, he was a freshman with good wheels. Very small though.

Comment

Jake has another TD reception this afternoon!! Appears to be the guy they go to in short TD situations.

Comment

He’s catching passes from Vernon Adams, who is now their starter.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
                  Jake has another TD reception this afternoon!! Appears to be the guy they go to in short TD situations.
                  I hope that having a couple local guys gives the CFL a bit more exposure. It isn't as polished as the NFL, but it is still pretty fun football to watch. I have been to a few Winnipeg games and had just as much fun as I have at NFL stadiums.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    It is amazing how time flies. Stefan Logan 38? I think the last time we played USD In Vermillion 2004, before we moved up to FCS, he was a freshman with good wheels. Very small though.
                    That flying time caught up with Logan. He was released July 17 by Montreal and is now the CFL's version of a free agent.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/17/alouet...-stefan-logan/
                    Last edited by JackJD; 07-21-2019, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      That flying time caught up with Logan. He was released July 17 by Montreal and is now the Canadian version of a free agent.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/17/alouet...-stefan-logan/
                      I guess the wheels came off. A pun clearly intended. A great career. It makes one wonder what Logan’s net worth is today.
                      Garney Henley was involved in management of the CFL after his playing career. He made a living but never made major gifts to Huron College. I don’t think much in Canada has changed since the days of Henley. So I don’t think the USD fans should be expecting any major gifts from Stephan Logan. CFL is not the NFL in terms of$$$. Some of the franchises solicit donations to stay afloat.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 07-21-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Jake Wieneke's team, the Montreal Alouettes, won at home over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers today (9/21/19). Jake led the Alouettes receiving corp in the game with 8 receptions for a total of 134 yards and one TD. Interesting side note: Chris Streveler, former USD quarterback, called the signals for Winnipeg and had a good game.

Comment

Jake leads the Alouettes in touchdown receptions with 7.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            Jake leads the Alouettes in touchdown receptions with 7.
                            With all of the tweets and good comments like the one above, I really expected that Jake was tearing up the league. Or at least the best WR in Montreal.

He ranks the following on his team:

TD's - 1st (7 TDs)
                            Avg. - 3rd (14.2 YPC)
                            Receptions - 4th (39)
                            Yards - 4th (555)
                            YAC - 5th (102)
                            YAC/catch - 7th (2.64)

These are all solid numbers, but lower than I expected. He fills the role well of the big-bodied receiver. I'd just love to see him get more looks.

Comment

A lot of teams could use that tall receiver for a jump ball in the endzone!

Comment

Jake in the CFL: traded by Montreal Alouettes to the Saskatchewan Roughriders for 2023. He’s listed as starting slot back in today’s game against the Ottawa Redblacks. Game time is 5:00 today (Aug 5, 2023).

Comment

Working...
                                X