Jake Wieneke in the Pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jake Wieneke - Vikings Hopeful

Nice interview with Jake at training camp yesterday. Paul Allen asked him if he ever gets down if he pulls out the TCU highlight film!

Comment

TD Wieneke! (Preseason v Seahawks on ABC)

Comment

JAKE !!!!!!...catches the two-point conversion. Vikings 21, Seahawks 20 with seconds left but I think the Vikes have it.

Vikes win.

Jake hasn't made the cut to 53...no word yet on practice squad but he did what he was called on to do in this game: accounted for 8 points including the winning conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          JAKE !!!!!!...catches the two-point conversion. Vikings 21, Seahawks 20 with seconds left but I think the Vikes have it.

Vikes win.

Jake hasn't made the cut to 53...no word yet on practice squad but he did what he was called on to do in this game: accounted for 8 points including the winning conversion.
          Be nice if they'd trade Treadwell for whatever they can get and keep Jake, preferably on roster, but I'd even take practice squad at this point to "keep the dream alive"

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Vikes win.

So, have they announced that he isn't going to be on the 53-man roster?

You have to like how all of the players swarmed him after the TD and two-point conversion. He is obviously very well liked by everyone. I mean how can't you love the kid, right?

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              So, have they announced that he isn't going to be on the 53-man roster? ... SUPERBUNNY
              The TV announcer said that, but I think it was just his opinion. I don't think the Vikings have made a decision. Unfortunately, the numbers aren't in Jake's favor. The Vikings have a lot of money invested in draft choices and free agents who are battling for roster positions as receivers. I really hope Jake can continue to impress and land on the Vikings' practice squad. He seems to have more ability (and probably is cheaper) than most of the backups.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                The TV announcer said that, but I think it was just his opinion. I don't think the Vikings have made a decision. Unfortunately, the numbers aren't in Jake's favor. The Vikings have a lot of money invested in draft choices and free agents who are battling for roster positions as receivers. I really hope Jake can continue to impress and land on the Vikings' practice squad. He seems to have more ability (and probably is cheaper) than most of the backups.
                Agreed. His speed is the thing that is lacking. He showed last night though that his size makes him a really tough matchup in short yardage and on the goal line. That is a pretty good asset. Reminds me a lot of Ed McCafrey from Denver. Hoping he can make the cut or at least the practice squad.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Jake hits the practice squad and he won't be in minny long...some GMs would poach just for the reasons we all know. They want to knock his speed, remember, Carter, Rice, Largent weren't speedy guys. There are lots of guys on both sides of the ball with speed. I always thought his biggest struggle would be getting off the line of scrimmage against the press. I think that is improving. The tangible qualities of 6'4", great hands, catch radius and body control almost guarantee he lands somewhere on a roster in the NFL...plus he doesn't usually go down on first contact. Almost any other WR on the Vikes would've been down on that initial hit on the 2pt conversion...Jake bounced, got body control, switched hands and broke the plane with the ball.

Huge Vikings fan but I'll cheer for Jake the same wherever he is, just like the other #proJacks.
                  Last edited by Jackedforlife; 08-26-2018, 08:13 AM. Reason: fix grammatical error

Comment

It’s awesome to see what he did at the end of the game, unfortunately being on the field that late in a preseason game doesn’t bode well for him making the roster. Hopefully he get snatched up by another team (I hate the Vikings).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

i hope he goes to the Eagles. along with Zenner would make it easier to follow.

Comment

50-50 balls aren't 50-50 when they're headed Jake's way. Because of his good size and great hands, they're more like 75-25 in Jake's favor. I think that's his biggest strength. I hope he remains a Viking, but I'll cheer for him wherever he lands. Except maybe Green Bay.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          The intangible is 6'4", great hands, catch radius and body control...
                          Is it just me, or are those very tangible?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            Is it just me, or are those very tangible?
                            It is not just you...those traits are the very definition of tangible.

Comment

Paul Allen is well connected with the team. If her says that JW isn't making the 53, it is as good as gospel. Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell and Wright are assured spots. A lot of the local buzz has been on Zylstra, a Concordia Moorhead guy by way of the CFL. Beebe has had a good camp. Probably Jake's best chance at a roster spot would have been for Treadwell to flame out but he's done what he's needed to do to last one more season. Jake should be on a practice squad come September 9th. Hopefully in Minnesota.
                              iagainst
                              Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                                Paul Allen is well connected with the team. If her says that JW isn't making the 53, it is as good as gospel. Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell and Wright are assured spots. A lot of the local buzz has been on Zylstra, a Concordia Moorhead guy by way of the CFL. Beebe has had a good camp. Probably Jake's best chance at a roster spot would have been for Treadwell to flame out but he's done what he's needed to do to last one more season. Jake should be on a practice squad come September 9th. Hopefully in Minnesota.
                                iagainst
                                I believe Pete Bercich was the announcer who alluded to players who might not make the team making a contribution in this game. I'll continue hoping any pessimistic media reports are savvy ploys to increase the Vikes' chances of sneaking Jake onto practice squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X