Jon Sundvold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Sundvold

There is talk on the UMKC board of Jon Sundvold being targeted as the new AD at UMKC.
    http://umkcroos.proboards.com/thread/1086/carla-wilson

With his background he may have the ability to turn that program around and with his ties to SD including former Jackrabbit brother Bob, I wonder if that might lead to a move back to the Summit in the near future if he is selected. He is currently on the Board of the U of Missouri system board of trustees apparently and is coming off soon which would clear his path to AD. With that background he would only look at something he though he could make successful you would think. Fans think the departure of Bob from UMKC is water under the bridge.

(I don't know how to correct the typo in the title of the thread)

Re: Bob Sunvold

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    There is talk on the UMKC board of Jon Sundvold being targeted as the new AD at UMKC.
    http://umkcroos.proboards.com/thread/1086/carla-wilson

With his background he may have the ability to turn that program around and with his ties to SD including former Jackrabbit brother Bob, I wonder if that might lead to a move back to the Summit in the near future if he is selected. He is currently on the Board of the U of Missouri system board of trustees apparently and is coming off soon which would clear his path to AD. With that background he would only look at something he though he could make successful you would think. Fans think the departure of Bob from UMKC is water under the bridge.

(I don't know how to correct the typo in the title of the thread)
    I assume Jon >> Bob is the change you wanted.

or maybe correcting the last name (embarrassed grin)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I misspelled the last name in the title. It is Sundvold. That was the change I was hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        I assume Jon >> Bob is the change you wanted.

or maybe correcting the last name (embarrassed grin)
        The last name Sundvold is pronounced sun-vol in Norwegian because the Norwegians do not sound the second constant letter when there are two constant letters in a row. In other words the letter “d” and letter ”d” are silent whereas in English they are both sounded as Sund-vold . Apparently the immigrant in their family kept the Norwegian spelling but the younger generations have adapted the English pronunciation.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 07-03-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          The last name Sundvold is pronounced sun-vol in Norwegian because the Norwegians do not sound the second constant letter when there are two constant letters in a row. In other words the letter “d” and letter ”l” are silent whereas in English they are both sounded as Sund-vold . Apparently the immigrant in their family kept the Norwegian spelling but the younger generations have adapted the English pronunciation.
          Back on track, I wish Jon the best if he is selected AD at UMKC.

Comment

Be nice if he'd bring UMKC over and his brother would bring UMSL up to D1.

Q for the old timers. Remember Jon well as a player, how was Bob? SDSU pre Net and pre D1 was but a line in the Sunday Post.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              Be nice if he'd bring UMKC over and his brother would bring UMSL up to D1.

Q for the old timers. Remember Jon well as a player, how was Bob? SDSU pre Net and pre D1 was but a line in the Sunday Post.
              Bob was a juco transfer. And Wiki says 1977 SDSU graduate. Brother Jon was recruited by Norm Stewart, who earlier played Basin League baseball for Watertown, and later recruited a Watertown star, I am thinking his name was Sutherland. JDJack, no will correct or verify. I don’t recall where the Sundvold’s grew up. Wikipedia say both were born in SF.

Comment

Think Jon came out of Blue Springs High School- ( from memory). Remember Jason Sutherland very well, didn't follow Mizzou closely after Stewart left.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                  Think Jon came out of Blue Springs High School- ( from memory). Remember Jason Sutherland very well, didn't follow Mizzou closely after Stewart left.
                  Yes that is correct according to wiki and I also found that Bob was a once an assistant to Norm Stewart and apparently that his how the connection between the Sundvolds and Stewart began. It's been awhile since Jason crossed my mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X