Future FBS Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future FBS Games

With a new FBS opponent announced today I figure we need a place to keep track of our future FBS schedule. In case people don’t know, we will be playing at Northwestern in 2026. Pretty good get for us IMO to help us get in front of the Chicago kids we recruit. Anyways, here’s a tweet I screenshot from Westside, with a link, showing our future FBS opponents. A lot of Nebraska on there!

https://twitter.com/jackillustrated/...120939520?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Re: Future FBS Games

I like our future FBS schedule. A lot of Big 10 scheduled which is what I'd prefer. I'd rather play a P5 school than some other FBS school because of what beating them means over other teams. Sure, beating a Northern Illinois or Ball State would be fun (and easier), but there is definitely more of a challenge and meaning in beating a P5 team. Heck, people still talk about the loss to TCU and how close it was all because they're a P5 school.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      I like our future FBS schedule. A lot of Big 10 scheduled which is what I'd prefer. I'd rather play a P5 school than some other FBS school because of what beating them means over other teams. Sure, beating a Northern Illinois or Ball State would be fun (and easier), but there is definitely more of a challenge and meaning in beating a P5 team. Heck, people still talk about the loss to TCU and how close it was all because they're a P5 school.
      The paychecks are a lot bigger too.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        The paychecks are a lot bigger too.

Can't lie, that's pretty great, too. Definitely helps the program a lot more. I hope they don't schedule anything but P5 after Colorado St. The exposure and money is too great to give up (unless we can somehow convince a FBS school to come to Brookings; I'd let that happen.)
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          Can't lie, that's pretty great, too. Definitely helps the program a lot more. I hope they don't schedule anything but P5 after Colorado St. The exposure and money is too great to give up (unless we can somehow convince a FBS school to come to Brookings; I'd let that happen.)
          May the Schwartz be with you on a FBS coming to Brookings. My history includes the Ralph Ginn era, and in 1959 Kansas State came to Brookings and handed us our Arse. Not a big turn out then either, worse than the FCS home playoff games. Kansas State was not a good team and I think they had planned to play in a new stadium (CAS) which did not happen until three years later 1962. So not to hopefull of seeing a P5 team in Brookings anytime soon, and by 2031 I will most likely be pushing up daisies. Why is 2031 significant to me? I turn 90 years old on July 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            May the Schwartz be with you on a FBS coming to Brookings. My history includes the Ralph Ginn era, and in 1959 Kansas State came to Brookings and handed us our Arse. Not a big turn out then either, worse than the FCS home playoff games. Kansas State was not a good team and I think they had planned to play in a new stadium (CAS) which did not happen until three years later 1962. So not to hopefull of seeing a P5 team in Brookings anytime soon, and by 2031 I will most likely be pushing up daisies. Why is 2031 significant to me? I turn 90 years old on July 22.

You will be here my friend in 2031. You’re one tough guy. I’ve marked it down on my calendar. I’ll be at your 90th birthday party

Comment

I am actually excited about the CSU game. Exposes the program to an area we haven't traditionally recruited heavily. Reasonably close trip. That is one I have highlighted on my calendar.

Comment

Working...
              X