Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

Default Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

Looks like 4 of 8 games are double headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Looks like 4 of 8 games are double headers.
    Seven total doubleheaders for road and home conference games. It's not a bad number.

This reminds me a little of the NCC schedule. They don't have back to back night of doubleheaders but they do have some similarities.
    1) Both the men and women play at home one week and on the road the next week (both teams will be at home and on the road the same weeks).
    2) Three of the four Saturday games are double headers. The only one that isn't is (guess who ?) USD. The men play USD on Saturday at home and the women play USD on the next day (Sunday).
    I guess another thing about this schedule is that the home games are on the same days (except for USD). The women play on Wednesday or Saturday and the men play on Thursday or Saturday. The only exception is the women USD game on a Sunday.
    It looks like, since the teams are at home and on the road at the same time, there shouldn't be any games when you watch one team at Frost and try to listen to the other team on the radio.

This seems like an improvement to me. We've all been whining about the lack of double-headers for years and I know I'll probably make an extra trip to Brookings because of the extra one. I haven't looked that close, but if what 91Jack says about the lack of overlapping men's and women's games is true I'm thrilled.

I guess I like the fact that the men get three of their road games out of the way immediately and coast to the finish with the final three at Frost. We should not be one of those teams that is struggling to find out "who they are" into mid-January and those three opponents (especially USD) might be.

Jackrabbits travel to Central Michigan 11-12-2018
    http://www.cmuchippewas.com/sports/w...072518aaa.html

Quote Originally Posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Jackrabbits travel to Central Michigan 11-12-2018
    http://www.cmuchippewas.com/sports/w...072518aaa.html
    I don't know what they'll be this year but adding a top-20, Sweet 16 team from last year is a good move. Hopefully this gets a return to Frost next year.

I like us playing p-5 teams and the strong (top tier) mid-majors as both should help strengthen our rpi and present a good challenge to also strengthen the team.They help our attendance too, if it's a H&H agreement. It's ok to slip in a mid tier mid-major once in awhile to got a breather from the fierce competition, but not too much of a breather where you begin to lose your "edge" , so to speak.

Stoke the fire and leave them hungry for more and greater challenges is my basic philosophy as much as you can for most of the non-conference season. Getting better is the goal,always.

Jacks play Buffalo in our 2nd game of the South Point shootout We play two sweet 16 teams from the Mac this season,.... good,challenging games. Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-04-2018 at 11:32 AM.

We will host Oregon on December 12th:
    https://goducks.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball

Well ,this schedule is shaping up to be one of the toughest we've ever had so far. Oregon was an elite eight participate in last seasons Dance, losing to eventual Champion ND 84-74.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-06-2018 at 05:42 PM.