Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: 2018/2019 Roster

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,177

    Default 2018/2019 Roster

    http://www.gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

    Think we have room for one more scholarship.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,233

    Default Re: 2018/2019 Roster

    Wow, 7 freshman on the roster.

    Going to be fun seeing how the talent shakes out the first ten games of the season.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Worthington,MN
    Posts
    4,347

    Default Re: 2018/2019 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    http://www.gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

    Think we have room for one more scholarship.
    That depends on Dentlinger's status. If he goes on an athletic scholarship, we would be at the 13 limit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Volga
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: 2018/2019 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Wow, 7 freshman on the roster.

    Going to be fun seeing how the talent shakes out the first ten games of the season.
    This year it could be interesting but we have 4 starters back. We will also have 5 players that have a ton on experience back.

    Next year, we will only have Brown as a senior. There will only be Jenkins Jr. as a junior. That means we will have 12 players on the team that will be classified as freshmen or sophomore's unless they bring in a juco or a grad transfer.
    I am not going to get too worried about "next year" before this season even starts though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,259

    Default Re: 2018/2019 Roster

    Wondering what the lineup will look like?

    1 King -Key
    2 Jenkins - Ariens - O King?
    3 Flatten - Krueger
    4 Dillon? (not sure) -
    5 Daum - Detlinger

    Or maybe Owen King is the backup 2... moving everyone else down a spot, Ariens to 3 (2/3 are interchangable), and Krueger playing an undersized 4 like Telly (and Griff before him)

    The team played alot of 4 perimeter guys, sometimes Telly was on the bench, and we were with Key, King, Jenkins and Flatten out there? So maybe it doesn't matter... 4 best perimeter guys around Daum/Dillon?

    We'll see, I guess. But it's kind of fun to think about.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Worthington,MN
    Posts
    4,347

    Default Re: 2018/2019 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by da_coach View Post
    Wondering what the lineup will look like?

    1 King -Key
    2 Jenkins - Ariens - O King?
    3 Flatten - Krueger
    4 Dillon? (not sure) -
    5 Daum - Detlinger

    Or maybe Owen King is the backup 2... moving everyone else down a spot, Ariens to 3 (2/3 are interchangable), and Krueger playing an undersized 4 like Telly (and Griff before him)

    The team played alot of 4 perimeter guys, sometimes Telly was on the bench, and we were with Key, King, Jenkins and Flatten out there? So maybe it doesn't matter... 4 best perimeter guys around Daum/Dillon?

    We'll see, I guess. But it's kind of fun to think about.
    Against teams that don't use a big line-up, I could see Flatten playing the 4 and going with three guards.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dell Rapids, SD
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: 2018/2019 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by da_coach View Post
    Wondering what the lineup will look like?

    1 King -Key
    2 Jenkins - Ariens - O King?
    3 Flatten - Krueger
    4 Dillon? (not sure) -
    5 Daum - Detlinger

    Or maybe Owen King is the backup 2... moving everyone else down a spot, Ariens to 3 (2/3 are interchangable), and Krueger playing an undersized 4 like Telly (and Griff before him)

    The team played alot of 4 perimeter guys, sometimes Telly was on the bench, and we were with Key, King, Jenkins and Flatten out there? So maybe it doesn't matter... 4 best perimeter guys around Daum/Dillon?

    We'll see, I guess. But it's kind of fun to think about.
    I'm guessing the starting lineup will be:

    1 Key
    2 Jenkins
    3 King
    4 Flatten
    5 Daum

    Dillon or Owen King will likely be the first off the bench, assuming King doesn't redshirt (I think we need him enough this year and he's ready enough that he won't). I'm thinking this is how we start the year, then as Dillon and King develop, it could depend who we're playing on whether we change the starting lineup. Detlinger, Krueger, and Arians will likely be battling for that 8th spot, as TJ usually doesn't go deeper than 8 anyway. I would assume that Mims and Fiegen will redshirt and Carter III will obviously sit out due to transfer rules.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,259

    Default Re: 2018/2019 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    I'm guessing the starting lineup will be:

    1 Key
    2 Jenkins
    3 King
    4 Flatten
    5 Daum

    Dillon or Owen King will likely be the first off the bench, assuming King doesn't redshirt (I think we need him enough this year and he's ready enough that he won't). I'm thinking this is how we start the year, then as Dillon and King develop, it could depend who we're playing on whether we change the starting lineup. Detlinger, Krueger, and Arians will likely be battling for that 8th spot, as TJ usually doesn't go deeper than 8 anyway. I would assume that Mims and Fiegen will redshirt and Carter III will obviously sit out due to transfer rules.
    This probably seems right. With Tevin usually guarding the opponents top perimeter player, Skylar will really have to "dig deep" to guard 4's. Not saying he can't it'll just be a challenge. Key is also an excellent "on ball" defender, so that should help some.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    2,424

    Default Re: 2018/2019 Roster

    Key demands the ball a lot. I’d pull him and Flatten off the bench. Move King to point and that’s assuming someone can step into the PF role.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,674

    Default Re: 2018/2019 Roster

    I think that's the issue. There is no power forward.
    "Nobody thought there'd be days like these. Strange days, indeed." - John Lennon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •