Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018/2019 Roster

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Same with Howell. How about jill young. She is technically a transfer. More like a change of heart after school started but she was a biggie. Doesn't feel like the women have had many transfers impact as much as the men have. Marshall, Parks and Larson leading the way and orris and key close behind.
    Tagyn Larson

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Tagyn Larson
      Both Larson yes.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        You’re right about it being “hit and miss” and some of them (including non-juco transfers) just seem to be wanderers always looking for the next big thing. Still, I think you have to stay in the hunt because you might find a Parks, Marshall, Orris or Cody Larson.

It would be interesting to see a list of all the transfers for both MBB and WBB to get a sense of how many end up working out here. 50%? How would you score Brandon Key? It feels like a failed experiment now but I doubt we would have earned either title last year without him. I’d call it a win for SDSU, I guess.
        I agree, you still have to stay in the hunt, but what I am saying though is the past few years, the JUCO transfer route hasn't been very successful and I am not going to expect a huge impact on the next one. The non JUCO and grad transfers are a different thing. I think if you avoid the wanderers, they can have an impact for the good, especially grad transfers, because you know they want to be here and arent very likely to have academic or social issues.
        I wont disagree that Key's contribution was key last year, but we have now 2 years invested in him and then it appears he will be gone. He has tied up a roster spot for someone that could be contributing this year and next year on a team that is going to need senior leadership. Same for these other guys that come, sit a year and then transfer. The lost time on developing underclassmen has a high cost when they leave early. I understand recruiting to fill out a balanced roster is tough, but the results show us with a huge hole in the junior and senior classes. Hopefully once we are through that cycle, we will collect on the rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Both Larson yes.
          I think the Larson kids are a little different from a JUCO kid that has no family ties to South Dakota or even this region and the percentage chances that they will be successful after they are here.

Comment

You can win with transfers at a high level. Steve Forbes has done that exact thing. Yes you will miss on some but usually there is a humbling involved and players play with a chip on there shoulder.
            Its not unrealistic TJ gets another job after we make the tournament 3 straight years and in fact I’d put it down there is better than 50% chance that happens imo. If that does no way Jenkins stays, and if jenkins leaves I feel real real bad for the next coach as it will be a process and the cupboard will be left completely bare unlike when nagy left. That’s the pessimist side of me but realistic.

the optimist in me says jenkins will become the all time leading scorer at state!!!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              Disappointing to say the least about MC III.

I wouldn't go too far to lay any blame at Matt Mooney, he had to make the best decision for himself. His coach left, and he graduated... he was well within his rights.

AND, he was one of the two top players in the league...

Hopefully the Jackrabbits can bring in another transfer... maybe even a Grad Transfer with MC's spot open. (We're a little light on upperclassmen next year).
              Transfers are a "live by the sword, die by the sword" type of deal. l liken it to "once a cheater, always a cheater". I don't know any hard facts, but from what I interpreted Key kinda wanted to stay, his dad wanted him to transfer, so he quit so he could start somewhere (maybe old news). MCIII was told he could play if he got his chit together (supposedly). He couldn't, I for one am glad he is leaving, TJ wants a group of guys that are good, respectable young men. Sometimes it doesn't work as planned.

Comment

It is unfortunate that things did not work out for Key and MCIII. They would have helped us on the floor. I do not have strong feelings on what the reasons are or where the fault rests. The only thing I'll add to this discussion is that I want to watch and cheer for guys that are committed to being Jackrabbits...just like the rest of us are.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                  You can win with transfers at a high level. Steve Forbes has done that exact thing. Yes you will miss on some but usually there is a humbling involved and players play with a chip on there shoulder.
                  Its not unrealistic TJ gets another job after we make the tournament 3 straight years and in fact I’d put it down there is better than 50% chance that happens imo. If that does no way Jenkins stays, and if jenkins leaves I feel real real bad for the next coach as it will be a process and the cupboard will be left completely bare unlike when nagy left. That’s the pessimist side of me but realistic.

the optimist in me says jenkins will become the all time leading scorer at state!!!
                  You may be correct in your analysis, but listen to the "hype" after the 5 minute mark. Tyler may have dropped this on Otz, but I guess it was asked before the interview.
                  https://gojacks.com/news/2019/1/8/me...ce-denver.aspx
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Would sure be nice to see Krueger and Dillon get a few more meaningful minutes.

Comment

• Re: 2018/2019 Roster

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Would sure be nice to see Krueger and Dillon get a few more meaningful minutes.
                      Neither of them fit that great next to Daum, so more meaningful minutes for them means less for Mike.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                      X