Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018/2019 Roster

http://www.gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Think we have room for one more scholarship.

Re: 2018/2019 Roster

Wow, 7 freshman on the roster.

Going to be fun seeing how the talent shakes out the first ten games of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      http://www.gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Think we have room for one more scholarship.
      That depends on Dentlinger's status. If he goes on an athletic scholarship, we would be at the 13 limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        Wow, 7 freshman on the roster.

Going to be fun seeing how the talent shakes out the first ten games of the season.
        This year it could be interesting but we have 4 starters back. We will also have 5 players that have a ton on experience back.

Next year, we will only have Brown as a senior. There will only be Jenkins Jr. as a junior. That means we will have 12 players on the team that will be classified as freshmen or sophomore's unless they bring in a juco or a grad transfer.
        I am not going to get too worried about "next year" before this season even starts though.

Comment

Wondering what the lineup will look like?

1 King -Key
          2 Jenkins - Ariens - O King?
          3 Flatten - Krueger
          4 Dillon? (not sure) -
          5 Daum - Detlinger

Or maybe Owen King is the backup 2... moving everyone else down a spot, Ariens to 3 (2/3 are interchangable), and Krueger playing an undersized 4 like Telly (and Griff before him)

The team played alot of 4 perimeter guys, sometimes Telly was on the bench, and we were with Key, King, Jenkins and Flatten out there? So maybe it doesn't matter... 4 best perimeter guys around Daum/Dillon?

We'll see, I guess. But it's kind of fun to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

1 King -Key
            3 Flatten - Krueger
            4 Dillon? (not sure) -
            5 Daum - Detlinger

Or maybe Owen King is the backup 2... moving everyone else down a spot, Ariens to 3 (2/3 are interchangable), and Krueger playing an undersized 4 like Telly (and Griff before him)

The team played alot of 4 perimeter guys, sometimes Telly was on the bench, and we were with Key, King, Jenkins and Flatten out there? So maybe it doesn't matter... 4 best perimeter guys around Daum/Dillon?

Against teams that don't use a big line-up, I could see Flatten playing the 4 and going with three guards.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

1 King -Key
              3 Flatten - Krueger
              4 Dillon? (not sure) -
              5 Daum - Detlinger

I'm guessing the starting lineup will be:

1 Key
              2 Jenkins
              3 King
              4 Flatten
              5 Daum

Dillon or Owen King will likely be the first off the bench, assuming King doesn't redshirt (I think we need him enough this year and he's ready enough that he won't). I'm thinking this is how we start the year, then as Dillon and King develop, it could depend who we're playing on whether we change the starting lineup. Detlinger, Krueger, and Arians will likely be battling for that 8th spot, as TJ usually doesn't go deeper than 8 anyway. I would assume that Mims and Fiegen will redshirt and Carter III will obviously sit out due to transfer rules.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                I'm guessing the starting lineup will be:

1 Key
                2 Jenkins
                3 King
                4 Flatten
                5 Daum

Dillon or Owen King will likely be the first off the bench, assuming King doesn't redshirt (I think we need him enough this year and he's ready enough that he won't). I'm thinking this is how we start the year, then as Dillon and King develop, it could depend who we're playing on whether we change the starting lineup. Detlinger, Krueger, and Arians will likely be battling for that 8th spot, as TJ usually doesn't go deeper than 8 anyway. I would assume that Mims and Fiegen will redshirt and Carter III will obviously sit out due to transfer rules.
                This probably seems right. With Tevin usually guarding the opponents top perimeter player, Skylar will really have to "dig deep" to guard 4's. Not saying he can't it'll just be a challenge. Key is also an excellent "on ball" defender, so that should help some.

Comment

Key demands the ball a lot. I’d pull him and Flatten off the bench. Move King to point and that’s assuming someone can step into the PF role.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think that's the issue. There is no power forward.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      I think that's the issue. There is no power forward.
                      We really have been playing without a traditional power forward for the 4 years that Telly played there. I see the 3 D's - Daum, Dillon and Dentlinger splitting the minutes at the 4 and 5 spots, with Flatten also capable of playing some 4 against smaller line-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Key demands the ball a lot. I’d pull him and Flatten off the bench. Move King to point and that’s assuming someone can step into the PF role.
                        Point Forward

Comment

I could be wrong but I don’t see it. Flatten doesn’t rebound or play defense well. I’m not sure how he could play the 4 in that group.

Key would likely play down the stretch but he’s such a spark plug at times when he’s engaged.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

[QUOTE=SDSUAlum08;332329]Flatten doesn’t rebound or play defense well. I’m not sure how he could play the 4 in that group.[/QUOTE\

Idk about that.... He averaged 3 rebounds a game and frequently drew the assignment of playing the other teams best offensive player.

Comment

[QUOTE=CappinHard;332330]
                              Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              Flatten doesn’t rebound or play defense well. I’m not sure how he could play the 4 in that group.[/QUOTE\

Idk about that.... He averaged 3 rebounds a game and frequently drew the assignment of playing the other teams best offensive player.
                              I agree - I'm remembering that Flatten was praised by the coaching staff last year for always getting a tough defensive assignment.

Comment

Working...
                              X