Augustana Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augustana Baseball

Augustana playing for DII National Championship tomorrow. Something that has never been accomplished by any NSIC or NCC school.
    https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...hip/658609002/

Re: Augustana Baseball

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Augustana playing for DII National Championship tomorrow. Something that has never been accomplished by any NSIC or NCC school.
    Typed, then deleted a comment on Augie's current and theorized future NCAA division affiliation.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      From Article:
      No Northern Sun or North Central Conference team has ever won the baseball championship, though MSU-Mankato and Winona State have both reached the finals and lost in the past decade.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Typed, then deleted a comment on Augie's current and theorized future NCAA division affiliation.
        If this year is an example of Augie's baseball potential, then welcome to the Summit League. The Lutherans vs the Pentacostals

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          If this year is an example of Augie's baseball potential, then welcome to the Summit League. The Lutherans vs the Pentacostals
          I am not for or against Augie potentially coming into the Summit league. But, for those that "poo, poo" Augie, how many National championships did SDSU pull off in the recent memory before going D1? This would assume they win the baseball to go on top of the basketball trophy. ( Augie) ????

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            I am not for or against Augie potentially coming into the Summit league. But, for those that "poo, poo" Augie, how many National championships did SDSU pull off in the recent memory before going D1? This would assume they win the baseball to go on top of the basketball trophy. ( Augie) ????
            How many good FCS (D1AA) programs have bumped up with little to no real success at the next level? Haven heard much about Georgia southern lately have you? Past performance is no indicator of future success. (Same is true for anybody though really)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              How many good FCS (D1AA) programs have bumped up with little to no real success at the next level? Haven heard much about Georgia southern lately have you? Past performance is no indicator of future success. (Same is true for anybody though really)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I get that, we went DI with one national championship in recent memory (unless I forgot about one). Like I said, if Augie pulls of the baseball, that's 2. Once again, I am not for or against, but it is a feather in their hat that SDSU didn't wear comig into D1. So, if the people at Augie think they can do it? Why not?

Comment

I get that, we went DI with one national championship in recent memory (unless I forgot about one). Like I said, if Augie pulls of the baseball, that's 2. Once again, I am not for or against, but it is a feather in their hat that SDSU didn't wear comig into D1. So, if the people at Augie think they can do it? Why not?
                Would they have got those championsips if the 4 dakota schools would have stayed division 2. I would guess no

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  Would they have got those championsips if the 4 dakota schools would have stayed division 2. I would guess no
                  I agree. This tourney used to be in Montgomery Ala with better representation. I watched in 2001. A fun to watch tourney. Augustana had a great season. We can’t take that away from them.

Comment

Congrats to Augie, They won the championship 3-2. They beat the #2 seed in the championship game. Angie was the # 5 seed.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ies/663143002/

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                      Congrats to Augie, They won the championship 3-2. They beat the #2 seed in the championship game. Angie was the # 5 seed.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ies/663143002/
                      Congratulations to Augustana. This could not be a more perfect season.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 06-03-2018, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Congrats to Augie. Major accomplishment!

Comment

Or does actually winning a national championship at the D2 level make it more likely they stay right where they are? They have no such shot at the D1 level.

They are a big dog in the NSIC. If you look back, as soon as they moved to the NSIC they began to win. Sometimes it is best to stay where you are, sometimes it is better for your school to move. SDSU and NDSU needed to move. D2 had become so watered down it was sad. When UND and USD followed the old NCC died and the NSIC took over. Suddenly Augustana begins winning? Coincidence?

I'm of the mind their programs have benefited greatly by the four schools moving up. Less competition for D2 recruits. Less competition within their own league making it easier for them to reach post season play. In a KWSN interview their President stated that a lot of their boosters love the publicity they have gotten by getting into the playoffs and being successful nationally at the D2 level. That would change if they moved up. I'm still not sure Augustana is going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                            Or does actually winning a national championship at the D2 level make it more likely they stay right where they are? They have no such shot at the D1 level.

They are a big dog in the NSIC. If you look back, as soon as they moved to the NSIC they began to win. Sometimes it is best to stay where you are, sometimes it is better for your school to move. SDSU and NDSU needed to move. D2 had become so watered down it was sad. When UND and USD followed the old NCC died and the NSIC took over. Suddenly Augustana begins winning? Coincidence?

I'm of the mind their programs have benefited greatly by the four schools moving up. Less competition for D2 recruits. Less competition within their own league making it easier for them to reach post season play. In a KWSN interview their President stated that a lot of their boosters love the publicity they have gotten by getting into the playoffs and being successful nationally at the D2 level. That would change if they moved up. I'm still not sure Augustana is going anywhere.
                            Neither am I nor President Herseth-Sandlin. It’s easy for KSWN to keep pitching the move for increased listenership. I don’t think that is working. Augustana need a solid plan to make the move work.

Comment

Working...
                            X