Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Assistant Coach Gets Head Coach Job

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I would like to see the roster updated, too.
    Next year, we have Bultsma and Larson for true post players.
    Then you have Selland who can do everything.
    Palmer can play down low because of how physical she is. After that, it looks bare for post players (Miller??).
    The two new 6'2" gals coming in and Burckhard add some depth. We probably only need one or hopefully two that can step in and play right away.
    I think we could survive with a rotation of Larson, Palmer, one Freshman and Selland (if need be) but I'd like to see Selland not play much in the post. Of course, it would be best if Bultsma improved enough that she could play some quality minutes. If that happened, everything else might be gravy.
    The five freshmen will be great additions to an already pretty stout team coming back. Burckhard seems to be a nice hybrid of Ellie and Palmer, she can handle the ball and has great strength, and carries on the great tradition of being able to shoot a three now and then. The two at 6"2",(Ferrend and Hirschman) as mentioned are much needed to supply depth to the post position, can team up well with Larson and occasionally Sellend too. We can put more height on the floor if we so desire. We always pick recruits who are very mobile. Hope Bultsma has a breakout year and ups her production to get more playing time and give us even more height and depth. Stapleton is a scorer, hope that carries on in college, can always use a good scorer, needless to say a good scorer has game to be able to score at a high rate like she does. Rongisch from what I saw pre-injury should be good too if she has fully recovered. It might take a short while for the freshmen to transition to college ball, but hope they are fast learners. Our returners (starting five + reserves } should be good role models for the freshmen and should be awesome themselves. Looking forward to this year, our 3 seniors should be very fun to watch in this their last hurrah year for the Jacks. I'll go out on a limb and predict(lol!) a new school career scoring record and a new school and Summit League career 3 pt shooting record this season, barring injury, heaven forbid.... Go Jacks!
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-30-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Kristin Rotert returns to the Jackrabbits as director of WBB operations.
      http://www.gojacks.com/news/2018/6/2...asketball.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
        Kristin Rotert returns to the Jackrabbits as director of WBB operations.
        http://www.gojacks.com/news/2018/6/2...asketball.aspx
        Great hire, I always enjoyed watching Kristin play on the court. I trust she will be a great addition to AJ's staff.Welcome home Kristin.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Great hire, I always enjoyed watching Kristin play on the court. I trust she will be a great addition to AJ's staff.Welcome home Kristin.
          I agree. I can't hurt having a great former Jack added to the program. She is young enough to connect with the players and I think its a win/win.

Comment

I talked to the former "head/high end" of sports marketing, she moved on to FSU. I'm not sure if she was the head of all sports, but she told me point blank that AJ has been interviewing, the latest was a couple weeks ago. That's all I could glean out of her. Where there is smoke there usually is fire?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              I talked to the former "head/high end" of sports marketing, she moved on to FSU. I'm not sure if she was the head of all sports, but she told me point blank that AJ has been interviewing, the latest was a couple weeks ago. That's all I could glean out of her. Where there is smoke there usually is fire?
              No secret he's been interviewing. Sounds like he was offered the Texas Tech job and turned it down last spring.

And when you say FSU, are you referring to Florida State?

What WBB head coach position is open right now? Did someone get fired recently that would open something up? Even if there was, I don't see him leaving at this point in the academic year.

Comment

Su Wallrich was a Grad Student in Marketing who did a lot of marketing for Wrestling. The head of marketing Jonathan Treiber moved onto UNI this summer.

Comment

FSU being "Fulda State University (of Minnesota)," as it appears Kristin Rotert's predecessor is back in MN?

Also, did you mean interviewing for Kristin Rotert's current position, not AJ interviewing for another head coaching gig?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Su Wallrich was a Grad Student in Marketing who did a lot of marketing for Wrestling. The head of marketing Jonathan Treiber moved onto UNI this summer.
                    I guess I let her lead me to believe she was a big dog there. Having seen her around the games quite often I didn't see any reason to not believe her.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      No secret he's been interviewing. Sounds like he was offered the Texas Tech job and turned it down last spring.

And when you say FSU, are you referring to Florida State?

What WBB head coach position is open right now? Did someone get fired recently that would open something up? Even if there was, I don't see him leaving at this point in the academic year.
                      Yes, Florida State.

Comment

So, she told you that AJ interviewed for a head coaching position a few weeks before school starts? When there are no open head coach positions at the DI level? Sure he did
                        Last edited by mango4; 08-29-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

This is going to be a very good year for AJ, at SDSU , I'm pretty optimistic, he wouldn't blow this year off and leave ,when he can get much better offers after this year. But as always, nothings for sure and we have to wait and see.

Comment

Better offers than 600k per year at a historic power in the Big 12? I don't think we have to worry about AJ leaving

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                              Better offers than 600k per year at a historic power in the Big 12? I don't think we have to worry about AJ leaving
                              I hope not too,but whatever he decides, he's given a lot to SDSU already, so I can only say "thanks for all you've done " if he ever decides to leave in the future
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-29-2018, 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

BTW-- Katie has LU off to an 11-1 start, 5-0 in their last year in the MIAA, their best record yet, I think. Talked to her at the Mo Southern game and she seemed very affable. She's got a good future as a head coach IMO. Suspect she'll wind up at a mid-major D1 program.

https://lindenwoodlions.com/index.aspx?path=wbball
                                Last edited by Grizzled_Jack; 01-14-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X