Assistant Coach Gets Head Coach Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Assistant Coach Gets Head Coach Job

Haylie Lynn, one of the other women's assistant basketball coaches is also no longer with the team according to https://gojacks.com/coaches.aspx?path=wbball

Comment

Be nice if they updated the roster as the men's site has done.

Comment

Jacks coaching staff was getting pretty thin ,they needed a good hire.

Comment

I wonder if Caleb might be looking for a baseball assistant coach position sometime in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Be nice if they updated the roster as the men's site has done.
            I would like to see the roster updated, too.
            Next year, we have Bultsma and Larson for true post players.
            Then you have Selland who can do everything.
            Palmer can play down low because of how physical she is. After that, it looks bare for post players (Miller??).
            The two new 6'2" gals coming in and Burckhard add some depth. We probably only need one or hopefully two that can step in and play right away.
            I think we could survive with a rotation of Larson, Palmer, one Freshman and Selland (if need be) but I'd like to see Selland not play much in the post. Of course, it would be best if Bultsma improved enough that she could play some quality minutes. If that happened, everything else might be gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
              I wonder if Caleb might be looking for a baseball assistant coach position sometime in the future.
              Caleb is currently pitching in the Detroit Tigers minor league system at AAA Toledo.
              http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2018/ALL

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                Caleb is currently pitching in the Detroit Tigers minor league system at AAA Toledo.
                http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2018/ALL
                That's why I said sometime in the future. Of course many things can change before that may become an interest.
                Last edited by Rabbit74; 06-01-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Coach Falco in St. Charles. I think VP/AD Brad Wachler is making some quality coaching hires. Tony Francis carried over from LU's NAIA days and I suspect that his getting totally destroyed by Augustana indicated that upgrades to the program were in order. The Lindenwood women were always very active in the community. They volunteered on several occasions for my Optimist Club's spaghetti dinner fund raiser. Anticipating next year-- I'll try to see more of the women's-men's double headers.

Comment

Katie is a great person and I am very happy that she got the opportunity to be a Head Coach.

Carissa is a solid hire. She was very good in here time here, previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Some of the Jacks best post players were stars of the successful D-2 days: Melissa Pater, Shannon Schlagel, Jennifer Warkenthien. Pater was a true post. Schlagel and Warkenthien seemed to play all over. After next season, Tagyn Larson may be on the list of best posts.
                      Jen played during Summit League/D1 era, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        Yes, she was on the 33-4 team that should have beat Baylor.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                          I think you are 3/4 correct. I could be wrong but Jen played two season before we joined the Summit League. She did play two seasons in the Summit and all four of her years were either DI or during transition. I guess that means that she did not play DII but I think she was going to be a senior when Katie came to SDSU.

Comment

AJ mentioned yesterday that Operations Manager Abby Oakland and Haylie Linn are both leaving, so lots of coaching changes for women's program.

Comment

Figured I'd just add this one here, too. Another Assistant has been added. Welcome Coach Lueck! She's young and already has a pretty good resume. I think she'll stick around for a few years before a P5 school picks her up as an Assistant (or gets a Head Coach job at a D2 or low mid-major school.) Just my opinion on how good I think the new hire is.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2018/6/1...ant-coach.aspx
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                                Figured I'd just add this one here, too. Another Assistant has been added. Welcome Coach Lueck! She's young and already has a pretty good resume. I think she'll stick around for a few years before a P5 school picks her up as an Assistant (or gets a Head Coach job at a D2 or low mid-major school.) Just my opinion on how good I think the new hire is.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2018/6/1...ant-coach.aspx
                                Coach Lueck, indeed does have a good background. She will definitely go places. You wonder if AJ might have recruited her out of Winona high school.

Comment

Working...
                                X