Assistant Coach Gets Head Coach Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistant Coach Gets Head Coach Job

Katie Falco has been hired as the Women's Basketball Head Coach at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Missouri. She's a great coach who has been here a long time and has left an lasting impact on the Jackrabbit program. She will definitely be missed but is very deserving of this. Congrats to the new head coach!

Lindenwood story: http://www.lindenwoodlions.com/news/...all-coach.aspx
    GoJacks bio: http://www.gojacks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=850&path=wbball
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Re: Assistant Coach Gets Head Coach Job

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Katie Falco has been hired as the Women's Basketball Head Coach at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Missouri. She's a great coach who has been here a long time and has left an lasting impact on the Jackrabbit program. She will definitely be missed but is very deserving of this. Congrats to the new head coach!

Lindenwood story: http://www.lindenwoodlions.com/news/...all-coach.aspx
    GoJacks bio: http://www.gojacks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=850&path=wbball
    Hope she's not the coach who taught all our great posts their post moves, she used to be a post player at UNI I think, played Forward I read somewhere,coached by the great Tony DiCecco. At least they'll still be passed along if she was hopefully. We've had some of the best post players who had the best post moves in the Summit, if not all of Div one 1 basketball and still do. Good luck to Katy and family,they certainly all deserve it. I always thought she was head coach material and was glad we kept her as long as we did.Looks like she'll bump into Sydney Tracy the next two years while Sydney will be playing for Pittsburg State,a fellow conference member.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-31-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Maybe Megan Vogel comes back? Currently assistant in Green Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Tall task to hope shed move on fro a lateral move, although I'd love to see her return. Jen Hojer(Warkentein) would be another but I think she is perfectly happy teaching and living her family life.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          If AJ were to move on, I'm hoping she would be the heir apparent. Love the style of defense they play at WGB and would love to see that style here. Not saying I want to see AJ leave by any means though...

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
            If AJ were to move on, I'm hoping she would be the heir apparent. Love the style of defense they play at WGB and would love to see that style here. Not saying I want to see AJ leave by any means though...
            My guess is that, by the time AJ decides that he doesn't want to coach at SDSU any longer, Megan will have already be established as someone's head coach.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              My guess is that, by the time AJ decides that he doesn't want to coach at SDSU any longer, Megan will have already be established as someone's head coach.
              But that doesn't mean she won't want to come coach here. Head coach or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                AJ needs to find a way to overcome a defense like that. The last few times we have played them they have made us look like chumps. And if we could play that style too, then WOW, we have it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                  AJ needs to find a way to overcome a defense like that. The last few times we have played them they have made us look like chumps. And if we could play that style too, then WOW, we have it!!!
                  More than UWGB, bacause they weren't nearly as dominate against their opponents later in the season as they were earlier,in fact they lost some head scratchers. I was more disappointed we didn't find a way to stop Villanova's deluge of three point shots, as that's bit us in the past too, but ND was getting hurt with 3 pt shots too in their game against Nova the first half,but did find a cure in the second half, which we didn't. Of course, they end up as National Champions, but that's beside the point …..(lol!) But. all in all, still a great season by the Jacks. What's peculiar is we were pretty good defending the 3 pt line pretty much against everyone all season long, but had no answer against Villanova.A half dozen or so doesn't phase our potent offense much at all,but Villanova hit like 16 ,that was too much even for our offense.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-02-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Hope she's not the coach who taught all our great posts their post moves,
                    This line made me try to think of the great post players that we have had over the last 10 years.

Top 5 (?)-
                    Ober
                    Warkenthien
                    Boever
                    Sunnarborg
                    Clairn

The rest-

Thompson
                    Dietel
                    Oistad
                    Lingle
                    Larson
                    Schuttloffel
                    Grimsrud
                    Palmer
                    Stevens

Are those the only post players SDSU has had that have played much over the last 10 years? I'm sure somebody will tell me that Thompson should be in the top 5 or something like that but they is just a rough guess.
                    Just figured that I'd bring up most of the post players that have played here over the last 10 years.

I think some of the post moves are more players like Miller, Young, G Boever, Waytashek, Eide, Rotert, etc.. that play as 6' guard/small forward that go down low and show off their moves.

Comment

First off, great list, if Thompson isn't top five, she has to be #6 like you have her (I assume). You might even say the top six are "interchangeable". The top 5 might show a hair bit more athleticism ,but Thompson had really good instincts and shot the three better than Clarin (Clarin didn't try to shoot the 3 much at all), making Thompson more versatile. Depends on if you're just analyzing post moves or as a all-around post player. To each his own I guess. All are really good and all have contributed to making the Jackrabbits who they are today.

Comment

Some of the Jacks best post players were stars of the successful D-2 days: Melissa Pater, Shannon Schlagel, Jennifer Warkenthien. Pater was a true post. Schlagel and Warkenthien seemed to play all over. After next season, Tagyn Larson may be on the list of best posts.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

This will probably be a new thread but it looks like Carissa (Nord) Thielbar is coming back to be the new assistant coach.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            This will probably be a new thread but it looks like Carissa (Nord) Thielbar is coming back to be the new assistant coach.
                            You are correct; she is returning. GoJacks story posted below.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2018/5/3...s-to-sdsu.aspx
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              Some of the Jacks best post players were stars of the successful D-2 days: Melissa Pater, Shannon Schlagel, Jennifer Warkenthien. Pater was a true post. Schlagel and Warkenthien seemed to play all over. After next season, Tagyn Larson may be on the list of best posts.
                              I was thinking the exact same thing as you J-Up! It reminds me of the top "X" lists they had on the Jackrabbit Insider back in the day, it was always a fun stroll down memory lane.

Comment

Working...
                              X