Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Offices Moving

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Agreed. I think it will ultimately be a good thing.
    I mean, not if we ever want the Summit to be anything more than a easy league to win with a poor RPI. But for a couple games attendance per year and for Augie, sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      I mean, not if we ever want the Summit to be anything more than a easy league to win with a poor RPI. But for a couple games attendance per year and for Augie, sure.

I realize this has been beaten to death, but what is our real plausible alternative? We are in "no mans land" and we are really a nobody, so who wants us? And I am in the camp of enjoying the NDSU, USD, Omaha, and now UND games that can create a buzz for people. JMO, until a better offer should arise.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        I realize this has been beaten to death, but what is our real plausible alternative? We are in "no mans land" and we are really a nobody, so who wants us? And I am in the camp of enjoying the NDSU, USD, Omaha, and now UND games that can create a buzz for people. JMO, until a better offer should arise.
        Many still equate the Summit League to what it was when we joined it. It is a much better league now. If it continues to improve for the next 10 years like it has for the past 10 years we will feel very good about being a part of it. Personally I am delighted to see the move of the offices to Sioux Falls and the corresponding commitment of the Dakota schools to the league.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

Eh, I've kind of accepted it. I mean unless we are going to try to be the next Creighton, Wichita State, etc. that becomes a mid major power and goes out on their own to join a legit conference... I just don't see that happening. Assuming it doesn't, we might as well start playing local teams that will get more fans to the games. Sure, our RPI might be a little low, but like someone else said, what's the alternative? I would welcome Mankato and St. Cloud too for that matter.

Comment

Brian Miller head of the Sioux Falls Sports Authority is taking a job with the Summit League as Commissioner of Championships.
            https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...gue/692087002/

Brian is a nice guy and has done a great job with the Sports Authority.

Comment

It looks like Commissioner Douple graduated from LSU in 1975. Makes his age close to 65. Are we possibly looking at the next SL Commissioner?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                It looks like Commissioner Douple graduated from LSU in 1975. Makes his age close to 65. Are we possibly looking at the next SL Commissioner?
                Gee he is just a kid, he can't retire yet. His 401k needs to grow some more. Seriously, you might be right and the SL might end up being a Dakota League or something with a similar name.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 06-11-2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  I mean I'd be willing to do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X