X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Development

http://www.ksfy.com/content/news/Boa...482580121.html

Re: SDSU Development

Here is an entire list of the construction projects happening on campus currently. Expect major traffic disruptions as you visit campus as certain roads will be completely shut down.
    https://www.sdstate.edu/facilities-a...ject-map#p-y10
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Here is an entire list of the construction projects happening on campus currently. Expect major traffic disruptions as you visit campus as certain roads will be completely shut down.
      https://www.sdstate.edu/facilities-a...ject-map#p-y10
      Warning: this comment is not very profound.

Holy cow that's a ton of work going on this summer!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

The contractor is also anticipating that North Campus Drive will be closed in front of Animal Science starting after move in week and wrapping up sometime in December. During that time, traffic will be routed to the south through Jackrabbit Blvd and the temporary Medary access.

Maybe I am wrong here, but that seems like getting to park in the tailgating and parking lots for football on the west side of campus by the library will be a pain for football games. or you take the road from the 14 bypass and come down through there to the lots? but I assumed they have the road blocked there for priority parking and handicap etc.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          The contractor is also anticipating that North Campus Drive will be closed in front of Animal Science starting after move in week and wrapping up sometime in December. During that time, traffic will be routed to the south through Jackrabbit Blvd and the temporary Medary access.

Maybe I am wrong here, but that seems like getting to park in the tailgating and parking lots for football on the west side of campus by the library will be a pain for football games. or you take the road from the 14 bypass and come down through there to the lots? but I assumed they have the road blocked there for priority parking and handicap etc.
          I don't think it will be terrible getting to the library parking lot. They have a road open just north of Dairy Micro off of Medary that lets you enter in and you can just take the road north of the old track area and park in the library. I'm guessing the stadium parking will have to go north onto the bypass.

Comment

I don't think it will be terrible getting to the library parking lot. They have a road open just north of Dairy Micro off of Medary that lets you enter in and you can just take the road north of the old track area and park in the library. I'm guessing the stadium parking will have to go north onto the bypass.
            I thought they closed off that road behind the track there? I use to take it all the time as a student. its weird you cant drive through campus anymore. I was a student not that long ago and it sure looks different all over. same with downtown. Lantern closed and cubbies has remodeled a few times.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I thought they closed off that road behind the track there? I use to take it all the time as a student. its weird you cant drive through campus anymore. I was a student not that long ago and it sure looks different all over. same with downtown. Lantern closed and cubbies has remodeled a few times.
              They have blocked off the road behind the track with cement blocks, barricades, snow, etc... to keep people from driving on it but they also have NOT tore that road apart. yet. They have had to open it up at least a couple of times while they worked on or around the Vet Science building.
              The road south of the track, they have tore up. There is a wide sidewalk but not a road there. I guess an ambulance or fire truck would be able to drive on the sidewalk in case of an emergency but the best way to make it a true "walking campus" is to tear up all the roads in the middle of campus. I still don't know what they will do about handicap parking but I hope they plan for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                They have blocked off the road behind the track with cement blocks, barricades, snow, etc... to keep people from driving on it but they also have NOT tore that road apart. yet. They have had to open it up at least a couple of times while they worked on or around the Vet Science building.
                The road south of the track, they have tore up. There is a wide sidewalk but not a road there. I guess an ambulance or fire truck would be able to drive on the sidewalk in case of an emergency but the best way to make it a true "walking campus" is to tear up all the roads in the middle of campus. I still don't know what they will do about handicap parking but I hope they plan for that.
                ohh, that's good it can still be used. I parked back of the library and took that back road by the track to cut through campus. saved time driving through. When most of my classes were in the HPER i just parked there and it was fine. as long as people can get to that road it should be fine, guess depends where they block it off on north campus drive. awhile back I was driving through and its like, guess I cant cut through campus like I use too. or park in front of admin like I use too.

Comment

FYI. Construction started today. If you need to get to the stadium or the SJAC, use Medary Ave. University Boulevard is now closed. Jackrabbit Avenue is closed from the Student Union Lane to North Campus Drive.

On the west side of campus, College Ave is completely torn up. If you want to visit the Dairy Bar, you can either park in the lot to the north of the Ag Heritage Museum and walk over or you can use the newly created entrance right off of Medary which is just north of the Seedhouse.

Comment

FYI. Construction started today. If you need to get to the stadium or the SJAC, use Medary Ave. University Boulevard is now closed. Jackrabbit Avenue is closed from the Student Union Lane to North Campus Drive.

On the west side of campus, College Ave is completely torn up. If you want to visit the Dairy Bar, you can either park in the lot to the north of the Ag Heritage Museum and walk over or you can use the newly created entrance right off of Medary which is just north of the Seedhouse.
                    Thanks for directions to the Dairy Bar. So how does one get to the Wellness Center for Cardiac Rehab? I used to tak Jackrabbit lane and cut west towards the student union. I parked in the Student Union parking lot. By your post I assume you have to go to 22 ave and go south to 6th street and and approach from the south.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Thanks for directions to the Dairy Bar. So how does one get to the Wellness Center for Cardiac Rehab? I used to tak Jackrabbit lane and cut west towards the student union. I parked in the Student Union parking lot. By your post I assume you have to go to 22 ave and go south to 6th street and and approach from the south.
                      Correct. From there you should still be able to still park in the Union pay lot.

Comment

Correct. From there you should still be able to still park in the Union pay lot.
                        The union has a pay lot? Guess haven't been that way for a while.

Comment

Off of Sixth street, if took the ave that runs on the west side of McDonalds, I should make it to Student Union Drive without a detour for construction?

Comment

The union has a pay lot? Guess haven't been that way for a while.
                            they shore do. It’s been operational for a year or two?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Or take the 14 bypass to Jackrabbit Av and west on North Campus Dr which enters across from DJD stadium. It is a few more steps than the Union pay lot which is "open" during this time of the year.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X