Vermillion in news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermillion in news

Getting caught up on internet junk while breaking for lunch...noticed one of those "XXXX in every state" click bait things on MSN.com. This one was 'The poorest town in every state" and included only towns of 1000 or greater population.

South Dakota's winner............VERMILLION!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...nb7Kz#image=42

Looks like the author compared the average household income to the state average...not sure the source of the income figures.

Two minutes of my life I'll never get back.
    Last edited by JackJD; 05-14-2018, 12:56 PM.

Re: Vermillion in news

Fortunately or unfortunately, I guess Pine Ridge isn't technically a "town" as it's not an incorporated municipality, just a "Census Designated Place."

3,308 residents in 2010, $21,089 average household income.

I didn't bother to check other SD CDPs that might have qualified for MSN's ratings (population 1,000 or greater) . . . just pulled Pine Ridge from off the top of my head. But then, I'm not writing a clickbait article.

Sloppy, lazy and/or ignorant reporting.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Vermillion in news

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Getting caught up on internet junk while breaking for lunch...noticed one of those "XXXX in every state" click bait things on MSN.com. This one was 'The poorest town in every state" and included only towns of 1000 or greater population.

South Dakota's winner............VERMILLION!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...nb7Kz#image=42

Looks like the author compared the average household income to the state average...not sure the source of the income figures.

Two minutes of my life I'll never get back.
      I think this is very similar to when a person knows the answer to a math equation but doesn't know how to show their work.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
      X