Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alec Cromer

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    More of the past and I not saying Sumner was lacking in talent, but the league is getting better and more competitive and can a good guy like Kanin Nelson make it like Sumner. I have some doubts but could be very wrong. In the back of my mind, I thinking Nelson might end up replacing Alec Cromer as a punter or place kicker. This Tibbs guy coming in is suppose to be a hot number. I have no idea how good he is but may fill the bill at QB that we can not come up with locally. IE ESD.
    I agree that Nelson probably isn't starting MVFC caliber. But he didn't come in with near the accolades that Sumner did either. If I remember correctly, he was a walk-on wasn't he?

Year-in, year-out the ESD probably won't produce an MVFC caliber QB talent, but I was just saying that Sumner proves it is possible.

Christion didn't come from the ESD, but he did come from Sioux Falls. It seems in general there is more and more DI quality football talent coming out of South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      I agree that Nelson probably isn't starting MVFC caliber. But he didn't come in with near the accolades that Sumner did either. If I remember correctly, he was a walk-on wasn't he?

Year-in, year-out the ESD probably won't produce an MVFC caliber QB talent, but I was just saying that Sumner proves it is possible.

Christion didn't come from the ESD, but he did come from Sioux Falls. It seems in general there is more and more DI quality football talent coming out of South Dakota.
      Yes, Christion is the quality that we need. Nelson does not seem to have the running ability that Christion has. Maybe he can be taught, he is only a sophomore, an apparently a very good student. He finished high school one semester before his class did, and he came to SDSU for spring camp, maybe two years ago.
      I love it when all Christion's receivers are covered and he take off up the middle. That's the kind of guy we got to have. I would have felt better with Easton Stick as he is very good, but had a horrible day when we played them last fall. And you are right about Sumner had more choices that most ESD QB's and we were lucky to get him. And yes if we dont come away with five or more from SF, our recruiters are not doing their job. I think we are finally on the same page, or at least I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Yes, Christion is the quality that we need. Nelson does not seem to have the running ability that Christion has. Maybe he can be taught, he is only a sophomore, an apparently a very good student. He finished high school one semester before his class did, and he came to SDSU for spring camp, maybe two years ago.
        I love it when all Christion's receivers are covered and he take off up the middle. That's the kind of guy we got to have. I would have felt better with Easton Stick as he is very good, but had a horrible day when we played them last fall. And you are right about Sumner had more choices that most ESD QB's and we were lucky to get him. And yes if we dont come away with five or more from SF, our recruiters are not doing their job. I think we are finally on the same page, or at least I am.
        ... I'll take TC over Schtick any day...

Comment

Working...
        X