Is he transferring?

Re: Alec Cromer

Yes, walking on at Nebraska to punt.

Comment

Reported in media (e.g. SBNation)

Comment

Tough to see him go, as he was a fairly highly regarded recruit at QB, but he must have seen the writing on the wall at that position, with the position switch to Punter.

Best Wishes to the young man, for pursuing his dreams. Can never fault someone for that.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          Tough to see him go, as he was a fairly highly regarded recruit at QB, but he must have seen the writing on the wall at that position, with the position switch to Punter.

Best Wishes to the young man, for pursuing his dreams. Can never fault someone for that.
          I think his scholarship was pulled so if your going to be a walk-on punter might as well try it in the Big10 closer to home.

Comment

Interesting, apparently they have not given up on Kanin Nelson, who I had hopes of being a great QB and he still may show up sooner or later. Nelson also punted and kicked at Mitchell High School and did a very good job. If we are deep at QB, we should not waste these good athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Interesting, apparently they have not given up on Kanin Nelson, who I had hopes of being a great QB and he still may show up sooner or later. Nelson also punted and kicked at Mitchell High School and did a very good job. If we are deep at QB, we should not waste these good athletes.
              I'm thinking more along the lines of J'Bore Gibbs looking really good and other solid QB prospects in the pipeline. Nelson will be a solid backup option this year. I would imagine that they will plan to redshirt Gibbs unless (knock on wood) something long term happened to Christion. Anything short term, I bet they'll roll with Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                I'm thinking more along the lines of J'Bore Gibbs looking really good and other solid QB prospects in the pipeline. Nelson will be a solid backup option this year. I would imagine that they will plan to redshirt Gibbs unless (knock on wood) something long term happened to Christion. Anything short term, I bet they'll roll with Nelson.
                I agree with this. It's hard to tell from film and mop up/spring game duty, but by what I've seen, I don't think either Nelson or Bullock will be the starter in 2019. Could be wrong, and you never know until a kid has been on campus for a while and practicing, but I believe that Gibbs is likely to be our QB that the 19,20,21, and 22 teams are built around. A big part of our success the last 7 years has been our QB stability. All else being equal, I'd assume the coaching staff would rather build around a QB with the idea of having him at the helm for 3-4 years than have a 2 and 2 situation with one of the other QBs mentioned. But I'm sure the staff will put the best QB under center, and they are all capable, so we will be in good hands either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  I agree with this. It's hard to tell from film and mop up/spring game duty, but by what I've seen, I don't think either Nelson or Bullock will be the starter in 2019. Could be wrong, and you never know until a kid has been on campus for a while and practicing, but I believe that Gibbs is likely to be our QB that the 19,20,21, and 22 teams are built around. A big part of our success the last 7 years has been our QB stability. All else being equal, I'd assume the coaching staff would rather build around a QB with the idea of having him at the helm for 3-4 years than have a 2 and 2 situation with one of the other QBs mentioned. But I'm sure the staff will put the best QB under center, and they are all capable, so we will be in good hands either way.
                  Would be pretty remarkable if we could follow up 4 years of Sumner with 4 years of Christion and then 4 years of Gibbs...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    Would be pretty remarkable if we could follow up 4 years of Sumner with 4 years of Christion and then 4 years of Gibbs...
                    We do it with Centers & Mike Linebackers.

Comment

That seems be the trend, a higher level of talent at QB. There are many good ESD QB’s but do they have the talent to compete in the MVFBC? I am thinking they might not. But what do I know!
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 05-16-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

That seems be the trend, a higher level of talent at QB. There are many good ESD QB’s but do they have the talent to compete in the MVFBC? I am thinking they might not. But I what I know!
                        Pretty sure Sumner played in the ESD...

Comment

Pretty sure Sumner played in the ESD...
                          No **** Sherlock I am speaking of the future and not the past. Apparently you did read my entire post.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 05-16-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

No **** Sherlock I am speaking of the future and not the past. Apparently you did read my entire post.
                            Your post said an ESD QB may not have the talent to compete in the MVFC. Sumner obviously competed well considering he was an honorable mention all-conference player, and he came from the ESD in Brandon Valley.

My reading comprehension is just fine.

Comment

Your post said an ESD QB may not have the talent to compete in the MVFC. Sumner obviously competed well considering he was an honorable mention all-conference player, and he came from the ESD in Brandon Valley.

My reading comprehension is just fine.
                              More of the past and I not saying Sumner was lacking in talent, but the league is getting better and more competitive and can a good guy like Kanin Nelson make it like Sumner. I have some doubts but could be very wrong. In the back of my mind, I am thinking Nelson might end up replacing Alec Cromer as a punter or place kicker. This Tibbs guy coming in is suppose to be a hot number. I have no idea how good he is but may fill the bill at QB that we can not come up with locally. IE ESD.

Comment

Working...
                              X