2018 SL Softball Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 SL Softball Tourney

Tourney Time in Fargo. Game 1 - UNO advances 8 - 5, USD goes home!

Re: 2018 SL Softball Tourney

Game 2 - Ft, Wayne advances 9 - 3, W, Ill goes home

Comment

SDSU plays Fort Wayne at 2:30 p.m. Thursday (today). If they lose, they play at 5:00 p.m. today. Win and we will likely face NDSU at 1:00 p.m. Friday.

During the regular season SDSU swept Fort Wayne in the three games series by scores of 10-3, 5-4, 11-2.

The ladies have generated tons of offense this year. Brittney Morse, Abbey Murphy, and Julia Andersen finished 1-2-4 in the conference in batting average, all sporting .400+ batting averages. We also had four of the top five conference leaders in RBI's with Morse leading the conference by 13 more RBI's than USD's Jessica Rogers.

NDSU counters SDSU's bats with the most dominant pitcher in the league. Jacquelyn Sertic has the most wins, strikeouts (by nearly 100), and the lowest ERA (1.74) in league play.

SDSU and NDSU split the series this year. NDSU won the first game 9-2 as Sertic held SDSU's bats to five hits, while striking out 9 and walking 1. In the second game, the Jackrabbits had nine hits and two walks. Sertic pitched the last third of an inning, but SDSU had already done damage and got four of their hits and three of their runs off of her.

Comment

Come on ladies, get it done! If we win I can go to the game Friday and Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

SDSU up 3-0 in the top of the 4th. Scoring all 3 of our runs in the bottom of the 3rd.

Comment

Top of 5th and the score is now 5-0!!!

Comment

Looks like two bloodbaths for the XDSU's today. NDSU dominated Omaha 9-0 in the opener. SDSU dominates Fort Wayne 8-0!

Comment

Final - we win 8-0 in 6 innings.
                NDSU won their game against Omaha 9-0 so we will face them in the next round.

Comment

Not a great start in Fargo so far. NDSU is up 3-0 in the bottom of the 3rd. Sertic is destroying us right now. She already has struck out something like 7-8 batters through three innings.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    Not a great start in Fargo so far. NDSU is up 3-0 in the bottom of the 3rd. Sertic is destroying us right now. She already has struck out something like 7-8 batters through three innings.

I was kind of afraid of her, maybe she'll get a little sloppy missing the corners and throwing the same stuff and they figure her out, we can string some hits/ walks, 3 is a pretty good lead for the Bison with her pitching, but hopefully not enough.Got to keep the score low,if we want to have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      I was kind of afraid of her, maybe she'll get a little sloppy missing the corners and throwing the same stuff and they figure her out, we can string some hits/ walks, 3 is a pretty good lead for the Bison with her pitching, but hopefully not enough.Got to keep the score low,if we want to have a chance.
                      Same here. When you see how much better her stats are than the rest of the SL pitchers it’s pretty impressive. The bison announcer sure is pumping up our teams hitting though.

For those following along, Jacks load the bases off of two walks and a wild third strike with two outs. Next batter hits it just short of the wall. Jacks put down NDSU 1-2-3 for the second straight inning. End of 4. Still 3-0 NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        Same here. When you see how much better her stats are than the rest of the SL pitchers it’s pretty impressive. The bison announcer sure is pumping up our teams hitting though.

For those following along, Jacks load the bases off of two walks and a wild third strike with two outs. Next batter hits it just short of the wall. Jacks put down NDSU 1-2-3 for the second straight inning. End of 4. Still 3-0 NDSU.

A dominate pitcher is an incredible weapon in fast pitch.

A few years back didn't NDSU go to a super regional? Think they rode a stud pitcher to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          In the final rubber match between NDSU and WIU, she had a no hitter going into the 7th and WIU finally got two hits off her. She is a nasty one to face on the mound.

Comment

Dominating pitching performance by the Bison. Can't win if you can't hit,it's that simple.

Comment

Jacks come from behind to beat Omaha. In the championship round tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X