Saturday, March 2 Home Western Illinois

Comment

Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

Looks like 16-0 to me
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Jackrabbits @ Florida Gulf Coast on Nov. 16 according FGCU Hoops twitter.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

i have been following the release of the College Madness top 144 teams. They are up to 103 now. They are also placing teams in the field of 68 bracket as their names are listed. SDSU and perhaps other Summit team (USD?) rankings are yet to come. But I found it interesting that Northern Kentucky, #117, is already listed as a 16 seed as the Horizon league projected entry. Wonder if Oakland and IUPUI have ever regretted going to a weaker conference and Nagy to for that matter. SDSU opponents UNI and GCU are listed so far. http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...p-144-previews

Comment

Eastern Washington game is December 18th http://www.swxrightnow.com/story/387...edule-released

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              This is awesome. It's cool to just be playing in it in the first place, but then to get a game against UNI out of the deal? Glad we got them instead of Drake. Not that Drake is terrible, but UNI is more likely to have a higher RPI (hopefully top 100). I'll be there for sure.
              Get the package which has the Delta360 pass.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Get the package which has the Delta360 pass.
                For those that don't know, there's a presale going on right now before they open up to the public on Friday. Looks like NDSU and some of the other teams involved released a code that can be used starting tomorrow. Not sure if SDSU will do the same, but if you want the code that I have, which looks like it includes all available tickets, send me a message. That way I don't get in trouble for distributing it.

There are 5 options:

2 day package (which may or may not include Delta360 tailgating passes... I couldn't find anywhere that stated it does, I'm kind of leaning toward them not being included considering the prices)
                Friday night ticket
                Friday night tailgate ($35)
                Saturday night ticket
                Saturday night tailgate ($35)

Comment

I think this is the complete schedule. I know there are some in the athletic department that use the board, so feel free to correct me. I think we got two great home games against tough teams and four games at home that we should win comfortably. If we could come out of the non-conference portion of the schedule with more than 10 wins, that would be a solid tournament resume.

November 1st Home South Dakota School of Mines (Exhibition)
                  November 6th Home Grand Canyon University (Season Opener)
                  November 8th Home Alabama State (nothing official yet)
                  November 16th Road Florida Gulf Coast
                  November 19th Neutral TBA - Gulf Coast Showcase
                  November 20th Neutral TBA - Gulf Coast Showcase
                  November 21st Neutral TBA - Gulf Coast Showcase
                  November 28th
                  Home UMKC (nothing official yet)
                  December 1st Neutral Northern Iowa (U.S. Bank Stadium Classic)
                  December 4th Road Memphis
                  December 7th Home Southern University
                  December 11th Home Savannah State (nothing official yet)
                  December 15th Road Nevada
                  December 18th Road Eastern Washington
                  December 22nd Home Montana (nothing official yet)
                  Last edited by SidelineObserver; 08-23-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

December 4th set for Memphis game: https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...al/1007562002/

Men are also supposedly in the Gulf Coast Showcase according to this article:
                    https://www.klfy.com/sports/cajun-na...ule/1382983578

The three-day, eight-team tournament, which runs from Nov. 19-21, will include a field that features host Florida Gulf Coast, Colorado State, Louisiana, South Dakota State, Toledo, Texas-San Antonio and Tulane. The complete tournament field and official bracket will be released at a later date.

That would likely complete the men's schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                      That would likely complete the men's schedule.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I think tournaments count as a singe game so there may be 1 more. So far it looks like no D2 or other games except for exhibition. It has been a long time since we haven't played one of those. Good to see.

Comment

Huge fan of the schedule this year. All winnable games. Decent non conference home schedule. Nice neutral site game vs uni. Extra team in conference play. Add a tournament we could compete for a championship in?!?! As good as we could ask for with where this program is at.

Comment

Otz has been extended through the 2021-2022 season according to Zim's article. Of course that doesn't hold him here if a P5 school comes calling, but hopefully it keeps him happy for now.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ts/1055430002/

Comment

Otz has been extended through the 2021-2022 season according to Zim's article. Of course that doesn't hold him here if a P5 school comes calling, but hopefully it keeps him happy for now.

Wonder how much it’s for, enough to keep other mid majors at bay hopefully?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

If Otz left today for P5 job, it would cost 1.4 million in contract buy out. (4 X $350,000). I would think the 1.4 million would go towards a salary increase for the next coach. I think we will be okay. I do like TJ and hope he will stay until 2022. Sell seems to know what he is doing.

Comment

So how about that schedule?

Comment

Working...
                                X