Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 83

Thread: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Posts
    442

    Default 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Looks like we are playing Memphis this year. https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...ech/570350002/

    Also playing: http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/11/...px?path=mbball
    Montana at South Dakota State
    South Dakota State at Eastern Washington


    Playing a game at Nevada. https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/col...ule/489205002/

    The 2018-19 Basketball schedule is shaping up like this:


    November 1st Home South Dakota School of Mines (Exhibition)
    November 6th Home Grand Canyon University (Season Opener)
    November 8th Home Alabama State (nothing official yet)
    November 16th Road Florida Gulf Coast



    November 28th
    Home UMKC (nothing official yet)
    December 1st Neutral Northern Iowa (U.S. Bank Stadium Basketball Classic)
    December 4/5 Road Memphis
    December 7th Home Southern University
    December 11th Home Savannah State (nothing official yet)
    December 15th Road Nevada
    December 18th Road Eastern Washington
    December 22nd Home Montana (nothing official yet)
    Last edited by SidelineObserver; 08-09-2018 at 09:07 AM.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Brookings
    Posts
    619

    Default Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Memphis game should be fun! Definitely an opportunity for a quality win. Also, I'm excited to see what Penny does with the Memphis program.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,561

    Default Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Memphis game should be fun! Definitely an opportunity for a quality win. Also, I'm excited to see what Penny does with the Memphis program.
    Mike Miller is also an assistant with Memphis.

  4. #4

    Default Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Looks like we are playing Memphis this year. https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...ech/570350002/

    Also playing: http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/11/...px?path=mbball
    Montana at South Dakota State
    South Dakota State at Eastern Washington


    Playing a game at Nevada. https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/col...ule/489205002/
    Hope we get a chance to play in a Holiday tournament again. With only 14 league games it is a great way to get a few games on the schedule, but there aren't many openings left at this point.
    https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2...s-thanksgiving

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Volga
    Posts
    912

    Default Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    Hope we get a chance to play in a Holiday tournament again. With only 14 league games it is a great way to get a few games on the schedule, but there aren't many openings left at this point.
    https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2...s-thanksgiving
    This year UND will be in the conference so there should be 16 league games unless somebody drops out at the last minute like last year.
    Not to say I still wouldn't like to play in that tournament if they still need to find some games.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,226

    Default Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Mike Miller is also an assistant with Memphis.
    I wonder he played a part in making this game happen.

    Hopefully we can add a few other big games to the docket. Need some chances at quality wins next year!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Crested Butte, CO
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Looks like we are playing Memphis this year. https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...ech/570350002/

    Also playing: http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/11/...px?path=mbball
    Montana at South Dakota State
    South Dakota State at Eastern Washington


    Playing a game at Nevada. https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/col...ule/489205002/
    Nevada and Memphis will both be top 100, if not top 50 RPI. Montana is going to be good, really good for a Big Sky school. No clue about EWU but at least we are beginning to see top 100 schools on the schedule. We need those games, especially in Daum's last season.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Worthington,MN
    Posts
    4,329

    Default Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    I wonder he played a part in making this game happen.

    Hopefully we can add a few other big games to the docket. Need some chances at quality wins next year!
    One of the Memphis people tweeted that this game was scheduled before their change in coaching staff.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SF SD
    Posts
    7,888

    Default Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    One of the Memphis people tweeted that this game was scheduled before their change in coaching staff.
    I was thinking sdsu has played some tubby smith teams before. I figured that was the connection.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    11,421

    Default Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    The linked article said that Memphis was paying SDSU $90k for the guarantee game.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •