Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Fan Survey

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    ok, I apologize for even bringing this up on here, I should've known this could've created a rabbit hole...for clarity I believe it was around 400 spots that had to be clear. I also believe that will not happen this coming season as the parking will be expanded. IN the end I still think that it was a shame that any student had to move their vehicle out of a space in a lot they paid for. It doesn't matter to me what other schools allow or do not allow...many students choose to come here because it is open and rural. Parking was an issue and an inconvenience, I just wish they wouldn't have made it an inconvenience for the students.

So here's to plenty of parking and full coverage cells and optimal wifi(although from what I understand wifi is a campus wide issue).
    maybe its just me but sure seems brookings is not good for wifi. at the children's museum even by a window I don't get any cell reception. down town seems spotty to me also.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      maybe its just me but sure seems brookings is not good for wifi. at the children's museum even by a window I don't get any cell reception. down town seems spotty to me also.
      downtown is always bad, if you're in any bar along Main forget having coverage at all or being able to use your phone (at least during the weekend)
      The JACKEDRABBITS aren't that cute.. we can be mean too!

Comment

Not sure on this 100% but I've heard that construction materials buildings are made of vary quite a bit in how good they can let pass radio signals. Bricks and mortar might be one that has the physical properties to inhibit radio signals, thick concrete is even worse. Not sure how good /bad more modern construction materials are, or metals like aluminum bleachers (enhance or inhibit?) , etc. Low lying terrain surrounded by higher ground? Must be a reason Brookings has poor reception ,might be a number of things combined. Engineers, communications experts probably have the answers. Not sure of how easy and cost effective any solutions are either.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Not sure on this 100% but I've heard that construction materials buildings are made of vary quite a bit in how good they can let pass radio signals. Bricks and mortar might be one that has the physical properties to inhibit radio signals, thick concrete is even worse. Not sure how good /bad more modern construction materials are, or metals like aluminum bleachers (enhance or inhibit?) , etc. Low lying terrain surrounded by higher ground? Must be a reason Brookings has poor reception ,might be a number of things combined. Engineers, communications experts probably have the answers. Not sure of how easy and cost effective any solutions are either.
          your not Wrong. https://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2013/11/...ies-explained/

Also if your in a Metal framed building with Good Grounding it will act like a Faraday cage. Link

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            your not Wrong. https://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2013/11/...ies-explained/

Also if your in a Metal framed building with Good Grounding it will act like a Faraday cage. Link
            Thank you, never too old to try and shove some good info into the ole noggin, keeping it there for any length of time has become more of a challenge though.

Comment

Working...
            X