Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: SDSU Fan Survey

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SF SD
    Posts
    8,645

    Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    I'd suggest getting a handicap placard for your parents. I think they are pretty easy to come by and no shame in that if some bad knees are getting in the way!
    yeah, have been bugging them about it. when dad had hip issues he did borrow grandmas a time or two after she passed away.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    true but students in larger cities have far better public transportation, Uber/lyfte and access to amenities on or near campus. BATA is only so good, Walmart 1/2-1 mile away around McCrory Gardens and HyVee 2 miles away(with its stranglehold on Starbucks). Brookings just isn't a community that is as easy to get around in that aspect. Sure for 4-5 months out of the year you can ride bike but many large stores are near campus in metropolitan areas.

    Besides they pay for a permit to park, think of it like this...you pay for cell service, they pay to park...neither of us is happy when we cannot use that service.
    Must admit that I selfishly didn't mention this because I don't mind walking across campus, so it slipped my mind, but one possible compromise could be to standardize the routes and schedules of the extended "golf carts" that they use to ferry fans from outlying parking to the stadium. Back when my parents and I used to walk to games together, we had drivers of those ask if we needed a lift when we were walking. Assuming that is still an option, maybe the university could implement a service where fans could text their location and number of people needing a ride to the drivers of those carts.

    If they wanted to get more sophisticated, I suppose they could try implementing a similar app for smartphone users in lieu of texting.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Town of Water
    Posts
    1,179

    Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

    I gave 'em hell about my cell phone/wifi issues.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    I gave 'em hell about my cell phone/wifi issues.
    Some of my angst with that would be reduced if they would somewhat regularly update Valley scores on the scoreboard throughout the game, as generally it is most annoying when I am trying to check those at halftime. Course, the Jacks starting a string a undefeated seasons would essentially accomplish the same thing, as I'd be much less concerned with how MVFC foes are doing

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,883

    Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Must admit that I selfishly didn't mention this because I don't mind walking across campus, so it slipped my mind, but one possible compromise could be to standardize the routes and schedules of the extended "golf carts" that they use to ferry fans from outlying parking to the stadium. Back when my parents and I used to walk to games together, we had drivers of those ask if we needed a lift when we were walking. Assuming that is still an option, maybe the university could implement a service where fans could text their location and number of people needing a ride to the drivers of those carts.

    If they wanted to get more sophisticated, I suppose they could try implementing a similar app for smartphone users in lieu of texting.
    Maybe they could do like the fairs do to transport large numbers of people to and from their cars, something large enough to pull a trailer with enough seats to get greater numbers to where they want to go. Some places like the Phoenix zoo actually use shuttle buses. They could travel a certain route and go back and forth on that route.They could handle large numbers of people with just a few shuttles.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Maybe they could do like the fairs do to transport large numbers of people to and from their cars, something large enough to pull a trailer with enough seats to get greater numbers to where they want to go. Some places like the Phoenix zoo actually use shuttle buses. They could travel a certain route and go back and forth on that route.They could handle large numbers of people with just a few shuttles.
    Definitely seems like an option, particularly for boundary parking lots that would permit wider vehicle/trailer traffic.

    Could have at least two of them with opportunities for corporate sponsorships after they're given monikers of the "Cubby's Caravan" and "B-Dubs Bus"

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    533

    Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Along with the cell/wifi issues I also reiterated the parking issues. I still think it's a darn shame that students had to move their vehicles in some spots for home FB games. I think that gets solved with the Intramural fields turning to a parking lot. until it's an issue again...have the foresite to solve that. I still think and will for a very long time that a parking ramp north of HPER and skybridge to Frost and DJD would solve a lot. I know, I know...the cost and cost to maintain...I think it pays for itself though over time.
    At Florida State University and I would assume many other major institutions the parking lots are used for home football games. Every student on campus has to find a place to park there car off campus on Friday or will get towed. Some school do not allow freshmen to have cars or allow them to park on campus if they have them. I believe Ohio U and Notre Dame are two of those institutions.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    SD ➡️ TN ➡️ SD
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Along with the cell/wifi issues I also reiterated the parking issues. I still think it's a darn shame that students had to move their vehicles in some spots for home FB games. I think that gets solved with the Intramural fields turning to a parking lot. until it's an issue again...have the foresite to solve that. I still think and will for a very long time that a parking ramp north of HPER and skybridge to Frost and DJD would solve a lot. I know, I know...the cost and cost to maintain...I think it pays for itself though over time.
    I'm a student at SDSU and there are not many students that have to move their cars, SE Lot is pretty big and most people park on the south side. With that being said I think its a little ridiculous that they even allow people to park in student parking.
    The JACKEDRABBITS aren't that cute.. we can be mean too!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    1,646

    Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeJackrabbit View Post
    I'm a student at SDSU and there are not many students that have to move their cars, SE Lot is pretty big and most people park on the south side. With that being said I think its a little ridiculous that they even allow people to park in student parking.
    Where would you suggest they park then? Walmart? 18k people coming to campus they need to be able to park somewhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Eastern SD
    Posts
    1,160

    Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeJackrabbit View Post
    I'm a student at SDSU and there are not many students that have to move their cars, SE Lot is pretty big and most people park on the south side. With that being said I think its a little ridiculous that they even allow people to park in student parking.
    ok, I apologize for even bringing this up on here, I should've known this could've created a rabbit hole...for clarity I believe it was around 400 spots that had to be clear. I also believe that will not happen this coming season as the parking will be expanded. IN the end I still think that it was a shame that any student had to move their vehicle out of a space in a lot they paid for. It doesn't matter to me what other schools allow or do not allow...many students choose to come here because it is open and rural. Parking was an issue and an inconvenience, I just wish they wouldn't have made it an inconvenience for the students.

    So here's to plenty of parking and full coverage cells and optimal wifi(although from what I understand wifi is a campus wide issue).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •