Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SDSU Fan Survey

Default Re: SDSU Fan Survey

There is an electric company truck in the parking lot of DJD Stadium today putting up a tower which looks like a cell repeater tower. Maybe it is something else or maybe it is for better cell reception. I guess we will find out this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    I let 'em have it on the poor reception at DJD.
    As did I. Tried to explain how I liked to follow along with Zimmer during most games, but its impossible at home games.

Done.

That was fun. Hopefully it leads to some much needed improvements.

Along with the cell/wifi issues I also reiterated the parking issues. I still think it's a darn shame that students had to move their vehicles in some spots for home FB games. I think that gets solved with the Intramural fields turning to a parking lot. until it's an issue again...have the foresite to solve that. I still think and will for a very long time that a parking ramp north of HPER and skybridge to Frost and DJD would solve a lot. I know, I know...the cost and cost to maintain...I think it pays for itself though over time.

If you have an issue with how tailgating is run, this a great opportunity to express that (in a respectful manner, of course).

I will also echo that the WI fi is a huge issue, and was my first comment under "additional comments" in the survey. It's got to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Along with the cell/wifi issues I also reiterated the parking issues. I still think it's a darn shame that students had to move their vehicles in some spots for home FB games. I think that gets solved with the Intramural fields turning to a parking lot. until it's an issue again...have the foresite to solve that. I still think and will for a very long time that a parking ramp north of HPER and skybridge to Frost and DJD would solve a lot. I know, I know...the cost and cost to maintain...I think it pays for itself though over time.
    Not to pick on your comment about parking...but I find it laughable that people bring up parking as an issue. Go to most college campuses that are in bigger cities, SDSU students do not have Parking problems, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Not to pick on your comment about parking...but I find it laughable that people bring up parking as an issue. Go to most college campuses that are in bigger cities, SDSU students do not have Parking problems, not even close.
    I 100% agree with this.

Ignorance is bliss and if people can't park within 50 feet of the door of where they are going they will complain. My father-in-law and I argue about this all the time. I just tell him - donate some cash and you'll have a nice spot right up front if you want it. He doesn't like that answer :-)

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    true but students in larger cities have far better public transportation, Uber/lyfte and access to amenities on or near campus. BATA is only so good, Walmart 1/2-1 mile away around McCrory Gardens and HyVee 2 miles away(with its stranglehold on Starbucks). Brookings just isn't a community that is as easy to get around in that aspect. Sure for 4-5 months out of the year you can ride bike but many large stores are near campus in metropolitan areas.

Besides they pay for a permit to park, think of it like this...you pay for cell service, they pay to park...neither of us is happy when we cannot use that service.

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    I 100% agree with this.

Ignorance is bliss and if people can't park within 50 feet of the door of where they are going they will complain. My father-in-law and I argue about this all the time. I just tell him - donate some cash and you'll have a nice spot right up front if you want it. He doesn't like that answer :-)
    No but for my 70+ year old parents its no picnic with bad knees. if there was a better way to allow for a drop of for kids etc would help a lot. frankly they need to allow parking in the fields east of the performing art center. pave more of that area would help add a few hundred spaces I would think pretty easy.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    No but for my 70+ year old parents its no picnic with bad knees. if there was a better way to allow for a drop of for kids etc would help a lot. frankly they need to allow parking in the fields east of the performing art center. pave more of that area would help add a few hundred spaces I would think pretty easy.
    I'd suggest getting a handicap placard for your parents. I think they are pretty easy to come by and no shame in that if some bad knees are getting in the way!