Football Roster Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Football Roster Cuts

FBS = P-5 , not difinitively, nothing cut and dried, just a general understanding. Yes, there are exceptions to this. Is this a fair conclusion? Also asking for a friendly response. Maybe I have to change my thinking, but to me, most people understand where someone is coming from when they say a certain school is FBS in basketball . Is this entirely correct, probably not for the reasons you give, one being basketball isn't football, but correctness isn't the issue,it's just a general supposition and is commonly referred to in this manner, right or wrong.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-04-2018, 11:58 AM. Reason: spell

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      So Former National Champion Villinova Are they FBS, Asking for a Friend.
      So outside of Nova, Butler, and Georgetown which other teams are in a major conference with a FCS team. Cause I would label them as outliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        So outside of Nova, Butler, and Georgetown which other teams are in a major conference with a FCS team. Cause I would label them as outliers.

All of the Ivy League schools are technically FCS.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not that it matters or is official, but in basketball, the usual terminology used is the power 6 (Big East is the sixth), and the MidMajors. The American, Atlantic 10 and Mountain West are some times listed as majors and the Atlantic 10 and Mountain West are sometimes included in the Mid Majors. But none of these are official designations.

Comment

Football Roster Cuts

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            All of the Ivy League schools are technically FCS.
            The Ivy League also is not considered a Power 5/6 league with the Big East.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Not much for news here... You can 105 on your roster before school starts. So you enter Fall Camp with 105 guys, or close to. You then add some walk-ins when school starts, as many as needed to be able to have proper scout teams. Some of those players realize the commitment and level of play and leave on their own, others stick around through winter workouts, and a few more stick around through spring ball. All players know that spring ball is their time to "earn" a fall camp invite, because there's freshman scholarship and walk-on players who have already been guaranteed a spot. If you're a fringe player and competing to earn a fall camp spot, you know who you are. There are no surprise cuts of "star" or "promising" players.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                Not much for news here... You can 105 on your roster before school starts. So you enter Fall Camp with 105 guys, or close to. You then add some walk-ins when school starts, as many as needed to be able to have proper scout teams. Some of those players realize the commitment and level of play and leave on their own, others stick around through winter workouts, and a few more stick around through spring ball. All players know that spring ball is their time to "earn" a fall camp invite, because there's freshman scholarship and walk-on players who have already been guaranteed a spot. If you're a fringe player and competing to earn a fall camp spot, you know who you are. There are no surprise cuts of "star" or "promising" players.
                Dont doubt anything you said here and apparently you speak from experience. With SDSU cutting tennis, our southern pups tried to start something. They need to return to their den and grow up.

Comment

Roster is updated without incoming freshmen.
                  http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=football

No longer on the roster: Ethan Bullock, CJ Roths, Paddy Devlin, Patrick Burmeister, Alex Schiefelbein, Nick Strasburg, Colton Cook, Tristen Leiseth, Brandon Thomas, Noah Urbanek, Chase Templemen, Adam Hein, Clark Wieneke, Pete Menage, Jordan Velez, and Alex Cromer.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

No longer on the roster: Ethan Bullock, CJ Roths, Paddy Devlin, Patrick Burmeister, Alex Schiefelbein, Nick Strasburg, Colton Cook, Tristen Leiseth, Brandon Thomas, Noah Urbanek, Chase Templemen, Adam Hein, Clark Wieneke, Pete Menage, Jordan Velez, and Alex Cromer.
                    There are some surprising names on this list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      There are some surprising names on this list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                      I think we were alluding to this coming several weeks ago and several doubted it.

Comment

To be clear, I’m sure this is a mix of cuts and transfers. We know already that Urbanek was injury related.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

To be clear, I’m sure this is a mix of cuts and transfers. We know already that Urbanek was injury related.
                          I think you are correct. Clarke Weinke, I believe someone said he was going to participate in another sport other than football. I don’t think this list is much different than other years. It’s a commitment to put those pads on four or more years in a row.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 06-12-2018, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Ethan Bullock is really the one that surprises me (knew about a few beforehand and the others at least make some sense), but I figured Bullock was going to be in the running for the backup QB spot as a red shirt freshman. Wonder the reason behind his departure?
                            Last edited by Kemo; 06-12-2018, 04:31 AM.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              Ethan Bullock is really the one that surprises me (knew about a few beforehand and the others at least make some sense), but I figured Bullock was going to be in the running for the backup QB spot as a red shirt freshman. Wonder the reason behind his departure?
                              A very good question, I dont have an answer. His bio indicates the scout player of the week before rival games of NDSU and USD. Being from Winter Park Fla and not having a good indication that he will see the field might have been contributing factors. Coach Eidness would probably know the answer to what is really going on here. He may not be a fan of Dakota winter. Looking at his photos on a search, he is a very young man who might not know exactly what he wants out of life. This might be one for Westsiderabbit to explore. He seems to get answers.

Comment

Just guessing that Bullock saw the hype behind Gibbs coming in and didn't think he'd get much of an opportunity to play once TC graduates.

Comment

Working...
                                X