Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Football Roster Cuts

Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

FBS = P-5 , not difinitively, nothing cut and dried, just a general understanding. Yes, there are exceptions to this. Is this a fair conclusion? Also asking for a friendly response. Maybe I have to change my thinking, but to me, most people understand where someone is coming from when they say a certain school is FBS in basketball . Is this entirely correct, probably not for the reasons you give, one being basketball isn't football, but correctness isn't the issue,it's just a general supposition and is commonly referred to in this manner, right or wrong.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-04-2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spell

Quote Originally Posted by slosho View Post
    So Former National Champion Villinova Are they FBS, Asking for a Friend.
    So outside of Nova, Butler, and Georgetown which other teams are in a major conference with a FCS team. Cause I would label them as outliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by thumper_76 View Post
    So outside of Nova, Butler, and Georgetown which other teams are in a major conference with a FCS team. Cause I would label them as outliers.

All of the Ivy League schools are technically FCS.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Not that it matters or is official, but in basketball, the usual terminology used is the power 6 (Big East is the sixth), and the MidMajors. The American, Atlantic 10 and Mountain West are some times listed as majors and the Atlantic 10 and Mountain West are sometimes included in the Mid Majors. But none of these are official designations.

Default Football Roster Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    All of the Ivy League schools are technically FCS.
    The Ivy League also is not considered a Power 5/6 league with the Big East.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Not much for news here... You can 105 on your roster before school starts. So you enter Fall Camp with 105 guys, or close to. You then add some walk-ins when school starts, as many as needed to be able to have proper scout teams. Some of those players realize the commitment and level of play and leave on their own, others stick around through winter workouts, and a few more stick around through spring ball. All players know that spring ball is their time to "earn" a fall camp invite, because there's freshman scholarship and walk-on players who have already been guaranteed a spot. If you're a fringe player and competing to earn a fall camp spot, you know who you are. There are no surprise cuts of "star" or "promising" players.

Quote Originally Posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    Not much for news here... You can 105 on your roster before school starts. So you enter Fall Camp with 105 guys, or close to. You then add some walk-ins when school starts, as many as needed to be able to have proper scout teams. Some of those players realize the commitment and level of play and leave on their own, others stick around through winter workouts, and a few more stick around through spring ball. All players know that spring ball is their time to "earn" a fall camp invite, because there's freshman scholarship and walk-on players who have already been guaranteed a spot. If you're a fringe player and competing to earn a fall camp spot, you know who you are. There are no surprise cuts of "star" or "promising" players.
    Dont doubt anything you said here and apparently you speak from experience. With SDSU cutting tennis, our southern pups tried to start something. They need to return to their den and grow up.

Roster is updated without incoming freshmen.
    http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=football

No longer on the roster: Ethan Bullock, CJ Roths, Paddy Devlin, Patrick Burmeister, Alex Schiefelbein, Nick Strasburg, Colton Cook, Tristen Leiseth, Brandon Thomas, Noah Urbanek, Chase Templemen, Adam Hein, Clark Wieneke, Pete Menage, Jordan Velez, and Alex Cromer.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Roster is updated without incoming freshmen.
    http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=football

No longer on the roster: Ethan Bullock, CJ Roths, Paddy Devlin, Patrick Burmeister, Alex Schiefelbein, Nick Strasburg, Colton Cook, Tristen Leiseth, Brandon Thomas, Noah Urbanek, Chase Templemen, Adam Hein, Clark Wieneke, Pete Menage, Jordan Velez, and Alex Cromer.
    There are some surprising names on this list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slosho View Post
    There are some surprising names on this list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I think we were alluding to this coming several weeks ago and several doubted it.