Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Football Roster Cuts

Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Roster is updated without incoming freshmen.
    http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=football

No longer on the roster: Ethan Bullock, CJ Roths, Paddy Devlin, Patrick Burmeister, Alex Schiefelbein, Nick Strasburg, Colton Cook, Tristen Leiseth, Brandon Thomas, Noah Urbanek, Chase Templemen, Adam Hein, Clark Wieneke, Pete Menage, Jordan Velez, and Alex Cromer.
    To be clear, I’m sure this is a mix of cuts and transfers. We know already that Urbanek was injury related.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

To be clear, I’m sure this is a mix of cuts and transfers. We know already that Urbanek was injury related.
    I think you are correct. Clarke Weinke, I believe someone said he was going to participate in another sport other than football. I don’t think this list is much different than other years. It’s a commitment to put those pads on four or more years in a row.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 06-12-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Roster is updated without incoming freshmen.
    http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=football

No longer on the roster: Ethan Bullock, CJ Roths, Paddy Devlin, Patrick Burmeister, Alex Schiefelbein, Nick Strasburg, Colton Cook, Tristen Leiseth, Brandon Thomas, Noah Urbanek, Chase Templemen, Adam Hein, Clark Wieneke, Pete Menage, Jordan Velez, and Alex Cromer.
    Ethan Bullock is really the one that surprises me (knew about a few beforehand and the others at least make some sense), but I figured Bullock was going to be in the running for the backup QB spot as a red shirt freshman. Wonder the reason behind his departure?
    Last edited by Kemo; 06-12-2018 at 05:31 AM.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Ethan Bullock is really the one that surprises me (knew about a few beforehand and the others at least make some sense), but I figured Bullock was going to be in the running for the backup QB spot as a red shirt freshman. Wonder the reason behind his departure?
    A very good question, I dont have an answer. His bio indicates the scout player of the week before rival games of NDSU and USD. Being from Winter Park Fla and not having a good indication that he will see the field might have been contributing factors. Coach Eidness would probably know the answer to what is really going on here. He may not be a fan of Dakota winter. Looking at his photos on a search, he is a very young man who might not know exactly what he wants out of life. This might be one for Westsiderabbit to explore. He seems to get answers.

Just guessing that Bullock saw the hype behind Gibbs coming in and didn't think he'd get much of an opportunity to play once TC graduates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Just guessing that Bullock saw the hype behind Gibbs coming in and didn't think he'd get much of an opportunity to play once TC graduates.
    Probably also an indicator that Kanin Nelson was the winner of the competition to be the back-up QB assuming that Gibbs red-shirts.

To be clear, Iím sure this is a mix of cuts and transfers. We know already that Urbanek was injury related.
    I was unaware Urbanek was having injury issues. What happened there specifically as I know he was a highly touted LB when we signed him?

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    I was unaware Urbanek was having injury issues. What happened there specifically as I know he was a highly touted LB when we signed him?
    If I remember correctly, it was concussion-related.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Correct. I think Tyler or Stig shared the news during the spring game.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Yes and very unfortunate. Noah would have had a great career.