Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Football Roster Cuts

  1. #1

    Default Football Roster Cuts

    Rumor is the football team is making roster cuts this week. Does anybody know why or is that a routine practice after spring training?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers for Jackrabbits View Post
    Rumor is the football team is making roster cuts this week. Does anybody know why or is that a routine practice after spring training?
    A roster limit (105) prior to the start of fall classes. The roster may include incoming freshmen who would be here over the summer for workouts and classes. Once classes start their is no limit. So some players who tried out in the spring may not be asked to continue due to a roster limit. Educated guess?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,203

    Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

    Do we have an idea of who was cut?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,034

    Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    A roster limit (105) prior to the start of fall classes. The roster may include incoming freshmen who would be here over the summer for workouts and classes. Once classes start their is no limit. So some players who tried out in the spring may not be asked to continue due to a roster limit. Educated guess?
    Judging from your comment, it does not sound like a big problem. Some incoming freshman may not be able to work out with the team, but it does not seem like a basketball cut where if you dont make the cut, you turn in your varsity equip and sign up for intramural.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,203

    Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    Judging from your comment, it does not sound like a big problem. Some incoming freshman may not be able to work out with the team, but it does not seem like a basketball cut where if you dont make the cut, you turn in your varsity equip and sign up for intramural.
    It seems to be a bigger deal than is being discussed here.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    1,396

    Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    It seems to be a bigger deal than is being discussed here.
    Why, because some yote fans threw a fit on twitter? Zimmer sure doesnít think itís a big deal since they asked him about 100 times and his response was essentially that it was all pretty routine.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,245

    Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Why, because some yote fans threw a fit on twitter? Zimmer sure doesn’t think it’s a big deal since they asked him about 100 times and his response was essentially that it was all pretty routine.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i think Thumper’s point is a good one. A particular yote fan is trying to create noise about managing the roster size. He sent a tweet to Zimmer. It’s the same yote fan who obsesses frequently over news about SDSU. I won’t be surprised if the same person alleges SDSU somehow kept Chris Streveler out of the NFL draft and is negatively impacting his undrafted free agent status. LOL.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brandon, SD
    Posts
    798

    Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    It seems to be a bigger deal than is being discussed here.
    I would love to discuss this if I knew what was going on. Cuts were made. Has there been a list released?Any surprises/shockers?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brandon, SD
    Posts
    798

    Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Chris Streveler out of the NFL draft
    Gotta admit this is ridiculous. Flipping Tanner Lee from Nebraska got drafted and Streveler can't get a sniff? Weird. Not the Jacks fault or problem, but still not right.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,245

    Default Re: Football Roster Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by BitsTD View Post
    Gotta admit this is ridiculous. Flipping Tanner Lee from Nebraska got drafted and Streveler can't get a sniff? Weird. Not the Jacks fault or problem, but still not right.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i don’t disagree but that’s a subject for another thread, I suppose.
    I used Streveler just as a goofy example of how off-base a particular yote fan can be about SDSU. Free advice for that particular yote fan: get a life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •