Football Roster Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Roster Cuts

Rumor is the football team is making roster cuts this week. Does anybody know why or is that a routine practice after spring training?

Re: Football Roster Cuts

Originally posted by Huskers for Jackrabbits View Post
    Rumor is the football team is making roster cuts this week. Does anybody know why or is that a routine practice after spring training?
    A roster limit (105) prior to the start of fall classes. The roster may include incoming freshmen who would be here over the summer for workouts and classes. Once classes start their is no limit. So some players who tried out in the spring may not be asked to continue due to a roster limit. Educated guess?

Comment

Do we have an idea of who was cut?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        A roster limit (105) prior to the start of fall classes. The roster may include incoming freshmen who would be here over the summer for workouts and classes. Once classes start their is no limit. So some players who tried out in the spring may not be asked to continue due to a roster limit. Educated guess?
        Judging from your comment, it does not sound like a big problem. Some incoming freshman may not be able to work out with the team, but it does not seem like a basketball cut where if you dont make the cut, you turn in your varsity equip and sign up for intramural.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Judging from your comment, it does not sound like a big problem. Some incoming freshman may not be able to work out with the team, but it does not seem like a basketball cut where if you dont make the cut, you turn in your varsity equip and sign up for intramural.
          It seems to be a bigger deal than is being discussed here.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Why, because some yote fans threw a fit on twitter? Zimmer sure doesn’t think it’s a big deal since they asked him about 100 times and his response was essentially that it was all pretty routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              Why, because some yote fans threw a fit on twitter? Zimmer sure doesn’t think it’s a big deal since they asked him about 100 times and his response was essentially that it was all pretty routine.

i think Thumper’s point is a good one. A particular yote fan is trying to create noise about managing the roster size. He sent a tweet to Zimmer. It’s the same yote fan who obsesses frequently over news about SDSU. I won’t be surprised if the same person alleges SDSU somehow kept Chris Streveler out of the NFL draft and is negatively impacting his undrafted free agent status. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I would love to discuss this if I knew what was going on. Cuts were made. Has there been a list released?Any surprises/shockers?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Chris Streveler out of the NFL draft
                  Gotta admit this is ridiculous. Flipping Tanner Lee from Nebraska got drafted and Streveler can't get a sniff? Weird. Not the Jacks fault or problem, but still not right.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                    Gotta admit this is ridiculous. Flipping Tanner Lee from Nebraska got drafted and Streveler can't get a sniff? Weird. Not the Jacks fault or problem, but still not right.

i don’t disagree but that’s a subject for another thread, I suppose.
                    I used Streveler just as a goofy example of how off-base a particular yote fan can be about SDSU. Free advice for that particular yote fan: get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I don't know if it is a big problem or not. Only information I provided was that their is a NCAA roster limit (105) for the football team prior to the start of classes.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        i think Thumper’s point is a good one. A particular yote fan is trying to create noise about managing the roster size. He sent a tweet to Zimmer. It’s the same yote fan who obsesses frequently over news about SDSU. I won’t be surprised if the same person alleges SDSU somehow kept Chris Streveler out of the NFL draft and is negatively impacting his undrafted free agent status. LOL.
                        to
                        Some of the USD faithful (you know the crew) are trying to link the cutting Men's and Women's tennis to a mention of FB cuts on this board. They are insinuating we are cutting FB scholarships to cut costs because financially we are struggling. Info came from a family member who has very loose ties to one of the folks at the heart of the question posted to Zimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                          to
                          Some of the USD faithful (you know the crew) are trying to link the cutting Men's and Women's tennis to a mention of FB cuts on this board. They are insinuating we are cutting FB scholarships to cut costs because financially we are struggling. Info came from a family member who has very loose ties to one of the folks at the heart of the question posted to Zimmer.
                          Oh really!!! Interesting take on SDSU. Will this skillful tactic work? (Sarcasm intended)

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                            to
                            Yeah. An incredibly articulate take because cutting walk ons completely lowers your scholarship costs . Not to mention players are getting cut so we are below the mandatory maximum roster nice per NCAA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2010 View Post
                              Yeah. An incredibly articulate take because cutting walk ons completely lowers your scholarship costs . Not to mention players are getting cut so we are below the mandatory maximum roster nice per NCAA rules.
                              Was it only walk-ons?

Comment

Working...
                              X