ESPN+ $4.99/month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN+ $4.99/month

Have y'all heard about ESPN+? Sounds to me (although I have no positive confirmation of this) like all of those Summit League games that used to be free (i.e. included in the $10/month of your cable/satellite bill that goes to ESPN) will now cost an additional $5/month's ransom to The Mouse (Disney/ESPN) instead.

As you might infer, I'm all kinds of fired up to give even more money to an eeeevil corporation to watch my school's games on the telly.

Just all KINDS of fired up. (Yep, we're talking sarcasm here.)

Please, Douple/Summit and Vivarito/MVFC, set up your own video streaming so that at least YOU get my $5/month instead of the Walt Disney Company.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: ESPN+ $4.99/month

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Have y'all heard about ESPN+? Sounds to me (although I have no positive confirmation of this) like all of those Summit League games that used to be free (i.e. included in the $10/month of your cable/satellite bill that goes to ESPN) will now cost an additional $5/month's ransom to The Mouse (Disney/ESPN) instead.

As you might infer, I'm all kinds of fired up to give even more money to an eeeevil corporation to watch my school's games on the telly.

Please, Douple/Summit and Vivarito/MVFC, set up your own video streaming so that at least YOU get my $5/month instead of the Walt Disney Company.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

So WatchESPN (aka ESPN3) is now going to be $5/month is what you are saying?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        So WatchESPN (aka ESPN3) is now going to be $5/month is what you are saying?
        That's what it looks like to me.

Unhappy.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That's what it looks like to me.

Unhappy.
          I'm not happy, either. But ESPN has to do something... they have been bleeding money. That's why they have had all the layoffs. Crazy that a company with a dual revenue stream (commercials and subscription fees) needs more, but they do.

Comment

I wouldn't go signing up just yet. They said that most of what's on ESPN+ will be content in addition to what's on ESPN3, but that it's possible that some things will be moved from ESPN3 to ESPN+. I'm guessing that since our games essentially come through Midco via ESPN3, that they will remain on ESPN3. But, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Honestly, I wouldn't be that mad about having to pay $5/month. The quality is great. Speaking of which, I don't want Summit or MVFC to try to come up with their own video streaming. I can just imagine how bad the quality would be and how much it would cost. There's no way they could do it and have it only cost $5/month. Just look at what Jacks All Access costs and the quality of that.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              This guy played Ralphie dad in the Christmas story, but I with Ralphie's dad. Good one, if there are more games then it may be worth it.

Comment

Or get with the times and do free streaming for all sports like a lot of other mid major conferences.

Comment

Working...
                X