Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie to the Summit?

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Does the NSIC have a rule that the conference tournament cannot be played on the home court of a participant ?
    I was wondering the same thing. However, I'm guessing the Pentagon would gladly give up the tournament to be able to host Augie home games.

Comment

Does the NSIC have a rule that the conference tournament cannot be played on the home court of a participant ?
      According to David Brown from Midco SN. No they don't have a rule.

https://twitter.com/DBrownMidcoSN/st...55830555082752
      "There is no written rule in the NSIC by-laws concerning holding a conference tournament in the same building as one of its schools. Any perceived advantage/disadvantage is outweighed by the atmosphere. And if Augie's eventually going D-I (as they've announced), no sense to move."

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        I was wondering the same thing. However, I'm guessing the Pentagon would gladly give up the tournament to be able to host Augie home games.
        If/when Augie goes DI, this will no longer be an issue.

Comment

If/when Augie goes D1 are there enough seats in the Pentagon?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            Almost sounds like it could be a bandaid that would allow them time to remodel or build?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

Comment

Rule or no rule, other NSIC teams will complain about it, and they will have a point.
                This space for lease.

Comment

The Pentagon I believe holds about 3500. That is more than most if not all of the Summit League teams AVERAGE attendance. The atmosphere with 3000 in a 3500 seat facility would be better than the same number in a facility that holds twice as many, but it would not hold all that might want to attend games against SDSU and USD.

In the press release, it said that Augie's goal is to have a DI conference invite by December 2020. They of course would love to have one sooner.

Comment

More important than the total number of seats the Pentagon has loge boxes and suites. $$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Serves beer and wine?

Comment

Not sure anyone in the Summit needs more than 3500. It can be a great venue when full.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Not sure anyone in the Summit needs more than 3500. It can be a great venue when full.
                          This is true. So it sells out for a couple big games... That just creates more buzz and the rest of the year it is an awesome place to watch a game and has the corporate seating for raising cash. If they would regularly pack the place for a bunch of years I’m sure an upgrade would be in the works. Given all that, Sioux Falls is the one local city that could one day actually end up needing a 6,000+ seat arena for a college team, but that’s a long way off (if ever).

Comment

Douple claiming he's been on a couple first dates recently:

https://kwsn.com/news/articles/2019/...al-action-yet/

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              Douple claiming he's been on a couple first dates recently:

https://kwsn.com/news/articles/2019/...al-action-yet/
                              Glad that he publicly stated that Sanford is pushing them hard to let Augie in, that will be the leverage used over the Dakota schools to get them to vote pro Augie IMO. And it sucks, FTR, that a corporate sponsor is going to do that to other schools.
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                                Glad that he publicly stated that Sanford is pushing them hard to let Augie in, that will be the leverage used over the Dakota schools to get them to vote pro Augie IMO. And it sucks, FTR, that a corporate sponsor is going to do that to other schools.
                                FTR I'm not sure Augie goes D1 without a Summit invite. I say make them audition somewhere else first. I think the $$$ just thinks they can have their way. let them fund big sky travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X