Augie to the Summit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie to the Summit?

Interesting. Matt Zimmer tweeted out his sources are telling him Augie is a go to Div I.

They can’t come up with financing for an indoor multi purpose bubble but they have financing for a move to DivI.?.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Interesting. Matt Zimmer tweeted out his sources are telling him Augie is a go to Div I.

They can’t come up with financing for an indoor multi purpose bubble but they have financing for a move to DivI.?.
      They could travel the road that Centenary or Savannah St which led back to lower division or they could surprise with success. At his point, it is their path and expense. Currently there are plenty of teams that seem to have the cash for D1 that are not competitive in the Summit. Why not add another?
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I’m not certain what the Summit gains by adding them, please inform me.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          Interesting that there is a "source" that says Augie's going D-I but no conference affiliation talk. As schools need to secure membership in a conference before reclassifying. A new requirement added since we made the move.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            A bunch of pissed of schools that don't have "Dakota" in their name.

Comment

Pass
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Wonder how many of their coaches are on board?
                Football more than likely going non-scholarship?

Comment

If the Summit does add them might at well bring back UMKC and rename the the conference the I29 league

Comment

Drop wrestling program, highly doubt Big 12 would take them?

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                      If the Summit does add them might at well bring back UMKC and rename the the conference the I29 league
                      I am not sure some teams would vote for UMKC as the Roos picked up a couple of road wins from the Summit last week. Weak is the word with recent developments in the Summit. It may come to pass. How long can the Bison and Yotes stay soft in MBB? Coffman at PFW can always look to move the OVC. All any team can do is take care of business in their own arena. Maybe ORU can turn the dial up soon. UMKC might not look so bad. AHHHH.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I’ve decided to send an email to Justin Sell spelling out my concerns about voting for Augie in the Summit. I am only a small fish, but perhaps if others will join me it will make a difference.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'll admit being a little skeptical that the announcement came without a conference invite but going this far without having serious "unofficial" talks about conferences and $$$$ seems highly unlikely. Also the track thing was a debacle but raising money for non-revenue sports is always tough. Football to the Pioneer is the most logical and likely scenario.

What does the Summit gain by adding Augie??

Sioux Falls and all the infrastructure, population, and money that comes with it.

Comment

Well then maybe Auggie will be a good replacement for us when we move to Missouri Valley in the next 5 years

Comment

I think Augie will be a good stable addition to the Summit. I trust they can help improve the dismal basketball attendence at SDSU and USD.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                I think Augie will be a good stable addition to the Summit. I trust they can help improve the dismal basketball attendence at SDSU and USD.
                                Where are they going to get the money from on a consistent basis? They don’t have the room to seriously grow their enrollment, so the money will have to come from corporate sponsorships. Guess who that hurts. Us. Here comes Centenary 2.0 with the improved features of being a drag on our fundraising AS WELL as being a drag on the conference. What a JOKE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X