Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie to the Summit?

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I would define SDSU as lackluster in football in the NCC.
    I would agree with this and I was part of the program. My college record was 25-19. Win games we should have and pull a shocker out once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      ...I mean really, three Division I teams in a state the size of SD? And people complain about the number of different classes of HS football here...
      I agree.
      I suppose if Augie decides to move up there's nothing other schools can do about it. But, we do not have to invite them to the Summit or the MVFC. Just my opinion but I have no interest in Augie being in the Summit or the MVFC.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I agree.
        I suppose if Augie decides to move up there's nothing other schools can do about it. But, we do not have to invite them to the Summit or the MVFC. Just my opinion but I have no interest in Augie being in the Summit or the MVFC.
        As Zimmer said in his chat yesterday for many of the haters it's more about Sioux Falls than Augie.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          As Zimmer said in his chat yesterday for many of the haters it's more about Sioux Falls than Augie.
          Out of curiosity, I reviewed Zimmer's chat. Some one brought up the merger of USF and Augie and it was Kelby Kravenhoft's idea. Now that is funny. I love the thinking of some fans who chime in on Zimmer's chat. Jackguy is right though about it being more about SF than Augie. The thought of having 14k people come to Brookings for a football bothers some of the movers and shakers in SF. Plus SF not having a team in the Summit League tourney has to really bother them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Out of curiosity, I reviewed Zimmer's chat. Some one brought up the merger of USF and Augie and it was Kelby Kravenhoft's idea. Now that is funny. I love the thinking of some fans who chime in on Zimmer's chat. Jackguy is right though about it being more about SF than Augie. The thought of having 14k people come to Brookings for a football bothers some of the movers and shakers in SF. Plus SF not having a team in the Summit League tourney has to really bother them.
            I think what Zimmer was indicating was the hate from outstate towards Sioux Falls and the resentment for them trying to have a DI Sioux Falls team.

Comment

I live in SF and love SF. I wouldn't live anywhere else in South Dakota, honestly.

0 Sioux Falls hate from me with Augie's move. I don't want them to be D1 because I think 3 D1 Universities in SD is ridiculous, and I think it further moves SDSU from being associated with teams like UNI and moves us closer to being associated with schools like USF.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                I live in SF and love SF. I wouldn't live anywhere else in South Dakota, honestly.

0 Sioux Falls hate from me with Augie's move. I don't want them to be D1 because I think 3 D1 Universities in SD is ridiculous, and I think it further moves SDSU from being associated with teams like UNI and moves us closer to being associated with schools like USF.
                Ding ding ding. Plus I don’t see mentioned very often that it’s going to cost Augie even more than a public school due to their higher tuition costs.

What I really hate about it is some tiny no business being DI school leaching away sponsorship dollars from us while they flounder.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

Augie to the summit makes perfect sense. Augie football to the valley does not.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                    Augie to the summit makes perfect sense. Augie football to the valley does not.
                    The only reason it makes sense is because the Summit needs another body.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

the summit is what it is. And augies right there in sf, good d2 teams..

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        I agree with this from the Summit League front because really, could Augie be really any worse than Omaha, IPFW, etc? I wouldn't be shocked if their MBB/WBB programs were middle of the pack day 1. Probably good for the Summit on that front.

However, they have no business being in the football business if they move up. Like I said earlier, I suspect that the MVC is wanting to add Murray State, which means bringing their FB program into the MVFC (gross...). So that puts us at 12 teams. Do we really want a 13th team that I suspect right now wouldn't be competitive at all? Yes we sucked when we made the move up, but we had the benefit of being the only D1 show in town (or state in this case) and were able to quickly build a talent base by offering local players the D1 experience. Augie would be coming up 3rd in line in a small state, so think they would find it much more difficult.

So I guess I'm ok with Augie moving up assuming that their FB program either goes the way of the Pioneer league or they cut it all together (like Omaha). I hate the idea of adding them to the MVFC though.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          I agree with this from the Summit League front because really, could Augie be really any worse than Omaha, IPFW, etc? I wouldn't be shocked if their MBB/WBB programs were middle of the pack day 1. Probably good for the Summit on that front.

However, they have no business being in the football business if they move up. Like I said earlier, I suspect that the MVC is wanting to add Murray State, which means bringing their FB program into the MVFC (gross...). So that puts us at 12 teams. Do we really want a 13th team that I suspect right now wouldn't be competitive at all? Yes we sucked when we made the move up, but we had the benefit of being the only D1 show in town (or state in this case) and were able to quickly build a talent base by offering local players the D1 experience. Augie would be coming up 3rd in line in a small state, so think they would find it much more difficult.

So I guess I'm ok with Augie moving up assuming that their FB program either goes the way of the Pioneer league or they cut it all together (like Omaha). I hate the idea of adding them to the MVFC though.
                          This surmises where I'm at completely. Augie in the Summit will have better support than IFPW and Omaha and is better option than UMKC.

Comment

Augie sits in the biggest city (by far) in the state! If they get SF buy in they will be golden. IMO most negative comments are based on fear or jealousy. Get some donors lined up and give it a whirl. If they could get 10% of SF to attend a basketball game your only problem would be you don't have an arena big enough to hold them! Most of our home games are actually somewhat of an away game for fans as they must travel a distance. Its much easier to take your event to the people versus expecting them to come to you.

Comment

Augie to the Summit is fine and would probably be a good thing for the Summit. However, can we stop talking about Augie to the MVFC? That is not even a consideration. IF they go D1, they will be non-scholly football and probably join the Pioneer League with Drake.

Comment

I think Augie in the Summit will actually help lagging attendance at SDSU and USD. Fans will have an opportunity to see home and away games with Augie. Augie to MVFC will not happen. Perfect fit for the Pioneer! Doesn't mean we can't play them in a tune up game in football.

Comment

Working...
                                X