Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie to the Summit?

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Agreed! I also would have taken Augie before UMKC.
    I've been at a few games at Swinney. Very low end D2 but relatively full for a high school gym and not as depressing as WIU

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
      I am also supportive of Augie joining. And I wouldn't worry about it if they sign with Learfield. Learfield knows how to handle competing interest to the benefit of all involved. They currently represent SDSU and USD, Kansas and Kansas State, Iowa and Iowa State , and many other rivals. The men and women assigned to each school are ambitious to move up and will only work harder for their respective institutions if that happens.
      That what I had wonrdered about. There are many corporate sponsorship targets in SF, different than those SDSU would go after. Augustana is not likely to pickup Hefty Seeds as a sponsorship. I too, am supportive of Augustana moving up not only for athletics but also academically. They can do so many things that a public university can not because of the approval process of the BOR and the SD Legislature.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 10-08-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

There will be a lot more interest in a SDSU/Augie basketball game rather than Western Illinois or UMKC. This will help the attendance woes and provide another drivable away game.

Comment

Well, I guess the Summit should start recruiting the University of Sioux Falls, too. USF would be short drive for several member schools. And USF could be Augie's travel partner.
          This space for lease.

Comment

National University just announced they are changing their name to Sanford National University. Maybe they will get an invite also.

Comment

Invite Mankato, St. Cloud and Duluth. We will have the NCC 2.0 and can start a hockey conference at the same time....YAY....not.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                Invite Mankato, St. Cloud and Duluth. We will have the NCC 2.0 and can start a hockey conference at the same time....YAY....not.
                Well need need to get uni also for the old old ncc.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I know most wouldn't take it but I would take Augie over western Ill or umkc. Like not even close.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Well need need to get uni also for the old old ncc.
                    Also Creighton and Drake.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Also Creighton and Drake.
                      Drake?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Drake?
                        Not quite Drake, but Des Moines University, plus Nebraska Wesleyan and Moringside. Des Moines U closed in 1929. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Central_Conference

Comment

Finally, a Sioux Falls journalist (Stu Whitney) raises some non rah-rah questions about Augie's plan to step up to D-1.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/op...qtj7LVz9DWAyl8
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Finally, a Sioux Falls journalist (Stu Whitney) raises some non rah-rah questions about Augie's plan to step up to D-1.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/op...qtj7LVz9DWAyl8
                            I may have to re-evaluate my long-standing disdain for Whitney.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              He is like the Jerry finkbeiner and mastodons of the world. Very easy to dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                I thought it was very good update on Sioux Falls and Augie alumni thinking. One detail of concern is the fact that THE enrollment level remains around 1800. Typically, the private schools located in large cities are 8-12 thousand and with on line services some boast of several thousand. I do think it will be wise for Augustana as institution to work on increasing enrollment. I dont have a clue on how to do that but cutting tuition might be the route to cutting their own throats. I really dont know but seems like USF, for graduate programs, did something like that and I dont know how that is working.

As far as Whitney, I too have thought him a smart A**, but JimmyJack who worked with him knows him better than anyone and often defended him. I think Stu did a very good job on this one. I suspect President Herseth, who got more than her share of Whitney jabs, knows and respects the opinions of the Millers.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 10-11-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X