Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: Augie to the Summit?

Default Re: Augie to the Summit?

It would have been nice if SDSU would have gotten a steady stream of fawning, positive press before it made the move to D-1, like Augie is getting. Instead, SDSU had to deal with criticism from other colleges and universities in South Dakota, and a very doubting and unsupportive press. That changed a few years later, when USD finally decided it should move up, too.
    Peace. Love. Coffee. Jackrabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    It would have been nice if SDSU would have gotten a steady stream of fawning, positive press before it made the move to D-1, like Augie is getting. Instead, SDSU had to deal with criticism from other colleges and universities in South Dakota, and a very doubting and unsupportive press. That changed a few years later, when USD finally decided it should move up, too.
    The press is one thing. I think that's fair to look at and question. But how the board of regents put so many stipulations on that we had to follow that usd didnt bothers me more.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    The press is one thing. I think that's fair to look at and question. But how the board of regents put so many stipulations on that we had to follow that usd didnt bothers me more.
    I think SDSU being the pioneer had a more of a challenge in going down D1.path, we had to prove it would work in this one horse state. I think Stephanie is on the right path and answered the questions in a complete fashion.

I moved the "St. Thomas to the Summit" posts from today to that thread:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...issouri-Valley

Seems like St. Thomas deserves an active thread of their own.
    "I think we'll be OK"