Augie to the Summit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie to the Summit?

The Summit will gain Augie and, as a result, probably lose Fort Wayne. That will be convenient geographically for the I-29 teams. But in terms of national standing, it's a half-step backward. Basketball is all we hear about, but it shouldn't be the only issue in play.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      The Summit will gain Augie and, as a result, probably lose Fort Wayne. That will be convenient geographically for the I-29 teams. But in terms of national standing, it's a half-step backward. Basketball is all we hear about, but it shouldn't be the only issue in play.
      Just curious but what does ipfw do well I ask because I really have no ideA? Mens basketball? We need to worry about western Ill with their budget issues too. Maybe auggie isnt the sexy pick but they have more going for them. People didnt think sdsu could find a way to be successful but we did. Auggie's big issue to me is just being a smaller school and lower enrollment numbers.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Although WIU is my nearest venue, they really belong in the GLVC unless Pritzker drops big money on them. PFW should really get to the Horizon and will at first chance. Augie has far more going for it. Now get ORU out of there

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
          Although WIU is my nearest venue, they really belong in the GLVC unless Pritzker drops big money on them. PFW should really get to the Horizon and will at first chance. Augie has far more going for it. Now get ORU out of there
          I'm not sure why everybody is so in love with NCC 2.0. What were seeing happen is D2 forming within D1. that will have consequences when the big boy's finally decide to provide a distinction.

But hell, What do I know, I said that prior to going D1.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            I'm not sure why everybody is so in love with NCC 2.0. What were seeing happen is D2 forming within D1. that will have consequences when the big boy's finally decide to provide a distinction.

As much as I agree with slosho, I must add that yesterday, I wrote two posts about Kelby Krabbenhoft which I later deleted after searching further on Google. On Aug 18th, of 2018, Kelby did an extensive interview with Sioux Falls Business. In the interview, they talked about rumors flying every direction concerning Kelby's retirement and the possibility of being forced out at Sanford. None of these rumors were true and Mr. Krabbenhoft seems to be safe building his health care oligarchy until 2023 which is his intended retirement date. Reading the KWSN story I found it interesting that Augustana wishes to remain D2 for a few more years. Since "the D1 for Augie dream" seems to be that of Kelby Krabbenhoft, 2023 seems like the year that he would be able to work full time on the move and by then the corporate support will start to appear at the end of Minnesota Ave which is near the campus of Augustana University. It may seem like adding Augie to the Summit may be the new and improved D2, but its the only game in town. Fear the P5? Yes because they want the big dance money pie to be shared with fewer takers. It's the only game in town. Somehow we can not just add 5 million people to the population count next year,2020. We are going to be blessed with a shrinking rural population and one growing population in Sioux Falls. That's the reality of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Just curious but what does ipfw do well I ask because I really have no ideA? Mens basketball? We need to worry about western Ill with their budget issues too. Maybe auggie isnt the sexy pick but they have more going for them. People didnt think sdsu could find a way to be successful but we did. Auggie's big issue to me is just being a smaller school and lower enrollment numbers.
              Fort Wayne is just a bigger school that offers several Summit sports, including baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball and significantly (in my view) gives the league public exposure in a bigger state away from the saturated Sioux Falls market. Without Sanford money, there wouldn't be enough corporate sponsorship in Dakotas to adequately more than a couple of D-1 schools, let alone five. You never know what's going to happen with government regulation and health care. One of these years, the Sanford tap could go dry. Then ADs will be beating down the doors of their local Dairy Queens and hardware stores, begging for sponsorships. Good luck with that.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                As much as I agree with slosho, I must add that yesterday, I wrote two posts about Kelby Krabbenhoft which I later deleted after searching further on Google. On Aug 18th, of 2018, Kelby did an extensive interview with Sioux Falls Business. In the interview, they talked about rumors flying every direction concerning Kelby's retirement and the possibility of being forced out at Sanford. None of these rumors were true and Mr. Krabbenhoft seems to be safe building his health care oligarchy until 2023 which is his intended retirement date. Reading the KWSN story I found it interesting that Augustana wishes to remain D2 for a few more years. Since "the D1 for Augie dream" seems to be that of Kelby Krabbenhoft, 2023 seems like the year that he would be able to work full time on the move and by then the corporate support will start to appear at the end of Minnesota Ave which is near the campus of Augustana University. It may seem like adding Augie to the Summit may be the new and improved D2, but its the only game in town. Fear the P5? Yes because they want the big dance money pie to be shared with fewer takers. It's the only game in town. Somehow we can not just add 5 million people to the population count next year,2020. We are going to be blessed with a shrinking rural population and one growing population in Sioux Falls. That's the reality of it all.
                I would expect Augie to have Summit League membership and in the midst of their D1 transition by 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Smaller? In the DI world they are TINY. We are a smaller school. The only schools their size are schools that have been DI forever.
                  Originally posted by slosho View Post

I agree. This could really bite us in the ass in a lot of ways.
                  Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  I would expect Augie to have Summit League membership and in the midst of their D1 transition by 2023.
                  Barf. All because Sanford has a hard on.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    Really??? Show me the money!!!

Comment

Really??? Show me the money!!!
                      If Douple is getting pressure from Sanford people I fully expect them to really lean on the Dakota schools, all of whom have Sanford’s name on athletic buildings as well as others around campus. If they threatened to decrease their donations substantially it would put schools in a real pickle.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        If Douple is getting pressure from Sanford people I fully expect them to really lean on the Dakota schools, all of whom have Sanford’s name on athletic buildings as well as others around campus. If they threatened to decrease their donations substantially it would put schools in a real pickle.
                        It hard to argue with this. That’s four votes for admission. Only need one more for a simple majority.

Comment

It hard to argue with this. That’s four votes for admission.
                          The admins will have to weigh the cost vs what the cost will be of having Augie siphoning extra corporate dollars from Sioux Falls. There’s only so much feed at that trough and adding an extra mouth to it isn’t going to help. That’s my huge issue with Augie joining. I don’t think they’re going to our recruit us or really affect us too much in that way, and the Summit is what it is, adding Augie can’t make it much worse. But losing funding and having an extra draw away from SDSU for fans in Sioux Falls would really suck out loud.

Comment

I would concentrate on the I-29 corridor. UMKC and Central Missouri . UCM is one of the few MIAA schools with enrollment and facilities to go D1 and would be stronger than WIU in the MVFC. There was comments on the D2 board that SIU, Western and Eastern were going GLVC--again this was pre-Pritzker. UMKC isn't very strong but should never have left the Summit.

Comment

It hard to argue with this. That’s four votes for admission. Only need one more for a simple majority.
                              Does anyone know if a simple majority is enough to meet the conference requirements, or does it take some sort of super majority, or even a unanimous vote?
                              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                                Does anyone know if a simple majority is enough to meet the conference requirements, or does it take some sort of super majority, or even a unanimous vote?
                                I dont have access to the Summit League By-laws, so dont know the answer. A very good question though.

Comment

Working...
                                X