Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie to the Summit?

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I can not argue about that in bold. I really think NDSU would be very stupid to move up to FBS. They got the best recruits, coaching and what. I can see 20 to 25 NC if they stay FCS BTW, did any one graduate from last years s team? You would not think so based on the play of the last two games.
    Not sure if serious, but I think it was 24 seniors last year. Between that, a new HC and OC, and a R-Fr QB, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

edit: yep, it was 24 graduating seniors last year

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
      Not sure if serious, but I think it was 24 seniors last year. Between that, a new HC and OC, and a R-Fr QB, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

edit: yep, it was 24 graduating seniors last year
      I knew the approximate. Just having fun.

Comment

**oops, wrong thread**
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Honestly, I could see NDSU pursue the Big 12.

They could compete right now. They may not be the "top dog" but they'd be competitive.

Would the Big 12 take them, that's another story. But honestly, their FB team/program has little to nothing left to accomplish at the FCS level.
          -They outdraw everyone, they have more money than everyone, and they have won more titles than anyone.

With the Big 12 only having 10 members... NDSU would be a better choice for them than many other schools.
          And they are an affiliate with wrestling already.

Do I think it's likely? NO. But it IS possible. Especially in this day and age with the paying players thing on the horizon... there is going to be a shift. (another one)

Comment

I have always believed that NDSU wants to end up in the FBS division. The question is just if there is a good fit. In football they would be competitive in just about any P5 conference except the SEC. By competitive, I mean they would have a 50/50 win/loss record. In all other sports, they would be the doormat which would not be very appealing to a conference. I'm not knocking NDSU, they are the one school in the Summit that this conversation could even be fantasized about.

The more likely long-term outlook is that the P5 conferences will find a way to break away from the NCAA and form their own organization and completely blow the current model up because they don't like sharing the revenue with everyone else that is a FBS mid-major conference if you will. The NCAA would create another playoff format probably similar to what we have in the FCS. In that scenario, I could see the Bison and possibly SDSU decide to make the jump up to the next level. Obviously, that is all a long way out and is all hypothetical at this point. With the changes coming with paying players, MBB scandal, and others it isn't too far-fetched to see major changes on the horizon.

A stable Summit League will be a huge asset for all of its members. I applaud the move to bring St. Thomas on board. That will be a solid addition. The Bison aren't going anywhere for a while but they have always had their eye on moving up and I believe still do.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Billboard up in Sioux Falls.

"Hey Augie, Why Not Stay Division 2??!" Paid for by Concerned Augustana Alumnists
              https://twitter.com/BGreen_KDLT/stat...110308865?s=20

Comment

Also looks like Augie's biggest proponent got their wrist slapped a bit as well.

https://www.keloland.com/news/invest...ckback-scheme/

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                  There is no way that NDSU will ever be on the Big 10 radar. They would not be interested in a school with 14,000 students, in a state with under 800,000 people, and an athletic budget that is less than 1/4 of the average Big 10 school. I don't care how good their football program. What would be the cache for the Big 10 to add them? Just don't see it even a remote possibility.

The last time the Big 10 expanded it added a huge school in Rutgers with 68,000+ students in a huge media market. That will be the way they would continue to expand.

I've said for years that I think NDSU would like to jump to the FCS level but going to a P5 conference has 0.01% chance of happening.

SUPERBUNNY
                  Less than .01 % chance. Like one in a trillion and only if Rutgers falls into the ocean.

Comment

D-1 proponents at Augie might be getting a little nervous. This is from the Nov. 14, 2019 Argus Leader:

"Sanford Health will be required to hire an outside auditor to monitor the health system’s billing as part of an agreement reached with the federal government that preserves Sanford’s ability to continue to participate in Medicare and other federal programs. ... The agreement comes as Sanford settles a whistleblower lawsuit in which it agreed to pay more than $20 million in penalties after the health system was accused of allowing Dr. Wilson Asfora, a neurosurgeon, to defraud the federal government out of millions of dollars. ..."

See ArgusLeader.com for more information.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      D-1 proponents at Augie might be getting a little nervous. This is from the Nov. 14, 2019 Argus Leader:

"Sanford Health will be required to hire an outside auditor to monitor the health system’s billing as part of an agreement reached with the federal government that preserves Sanford’s ability to continue to participate in Medicare and other federal programs. ... The agreement comes as Sanford settles a whistleblower lawsuit in which it agreed to pay more than $20 million in penalties after the health system was accused of allowing Dr. Wilson Asfora, a neurosurgeon, to defraud the federal government out of millions of dollars. ..."

See ArgusLeader.com for more information.
                      Though very cloudy in terms of ethnics and regulations, it appears Sanford has done the right thing and I don’t think it is an impairment because most likely they have some kind of liability insurance the bares the expense, of maybe not. At best they should expect a bump in premiums.

Comment

So, is Augie dropping football? Has anyone figured that out yet?
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Pretty sure they will go non-scholarship and Pioneer League to start with. I wonder if they could coax over 4,000 to a playoff game?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            Pretty sure they will go non-scholarship and Pioneer League to start with. I wonder if they could coax over 4,000 to a playoff game?
                            Maybe

Comment

They are looking to increase their enrollment by 150% in the next 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                They are looking to increase their enrollment by 150% in the next 10 years.
                                From 2,000 to 3,000? Good luck with that.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X