Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie to the Summit?

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    From 2,000 to 3,000? Good luck with that.
    2000 to 5000. An increase of 3000 students.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Good luck with that is right - with enrollment dropping nationwide.

Comment

Where do you see 5,000? All of the news reports I have seen is to reach a total of 3,000 students, not add an additional 3,000.
        https://www.keloland.com/news/your-m...her-education/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Where do you see 5,000? All of the news reports I have seen is to reach a total of 3,000 students, not add an additional 3,000.
          Well I either misread an article or they changed it. I could have swore it said they wanted an increase of 3000 students not an increase to 3000 students.

Comment

So let's say they want to get TO 3000 students. That really does make them DI material then right?

Comment

So let's say they want to get TO 3000 students. That really does make them DI material then right?
              if the goal is 3000, they are currently 1800 students, and would increase only 1200, I dont know I this makes any sense. This Augie movement has a potential of becoming just beer talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                if the goal is 3000, they are currently 1800 students, and would increase only 1200, I dont know I this makes any sense. This Augie movement has a potential of becoming just beer talk.
                Augie has had the longest media honeymoon in South Dakota D-1 history, and it still hasn't made the move or answered tough questions. It's a weird situation.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Am I correct in assuming that the Summit wants STU...or Augie as a second choice...but not both?

Comment

Originally posted by perryc View Post
                    Am I correct in assuming that the Summit wants STU...or Augie as a second choice...but not both?
                    At this point I don't see why the SL wouldn't want both but no one really knows. SL has always been and will likely continue to be pretty quiet on these topics. The last public statement from Douple (SL Commissioner) on this subject was just before SL BB tourney in 2019. He was asked about Augie and he stated "no one from Augie has contacted us so I don't have much to say."

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      ...he stated "no one from Augie has contacted us so I don't have much to say."
                      That's interesting, considering Augie is very open about its goal of securing a conference invitation by December 2020. Yet the Summit has only extended an invite to St. Thomas.

Going out on a limb here, but I don't think Augustana is holding out for Big Ten membership.

Comment

Augie will be in the Summit League.

Comment

Augie will be in the Summit League.
                          I'm not disagree with you, but according to who? The opinion of the SF media?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            I'm not disagree with you, but according to who? The opinion of the SF media?
                            You just have put all of pieces together.

Comment

You just have put all of pieces together.
                              Is one of those pieces the biggest proponent for the move happens to be the CEO of the company that owns the building the Summit League offices are in?

Comment

• The sports radio experts of Sioux Falls.
                                Enjoy: https://kwsn.com/podcasts/sports-tal...nd-attendance/

*Apparently “For a Fact”: Band scholarships have been take away from kids and given to the athletic dept. at SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X