Bill Farrell freestyle open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Farrell freestyle open

Gross upsets higher ranked Russian to move into semifinals. Reader and Bono were coaching him, but he is wrestling under sunkist, wonder if JWC, needs a current head coach? Not sure on that one.

Re: Bill Farrell freestyle open

Moves to consolation loses by 2 in last couple seconds by Morrison nyac in semis. Of note schopp won his cons match, at same weight. Could be potential for these two to wrestle, dont know where the bracket sits.

Comment

Gross wins by tech over Mack to wrestle for 3rd. He faces either Waters or Schopp, did not see that match it was same time as Gross.

Comment

Gross wrestler Waters for 3rd place. Waters beat Schopp 9-0.

Comment

Tech over waters 11-1 3rd place

Comment

Bill Farrell freestyle open

A little context? Is this a good showing? What is the Bill Farrell open?
            Who are some of these athletes he is wrestling? Last names don't tell much to someone who is not plugged into the wrestling scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              A little context? Is this a good showing? What is the Bill Farrell open?
              Who are some of these athletes he is wrestling? Last names don't tell much to someone who is not plugged into the wrestling scene.

I will take a stab at this.

Gross Fall over Aguigui of Guam - Gross was favored in this match
              Gross 9-7 over Khasankhusein of Russia - Russian similar age to Gross was a 3-time world medalist, one-time world champ in Junior age group which both were in two years ago, Russian was favored
              Gross 4-6 loss to Morrison - NCAA All-american at Ok st graduated in 2014, he knocked off 1 and 2 seeds in tournament
              Gross 17-7 over Mack - 3 time NCAA qualifier graduated 2014, Gross had beaten Mack last year
              Gross 11-1 over Waters - 2 time NCAA All-america at Missouri graduated 2015, flowrestling predicted him to take 2nd place

The win over Russia and win in the 3rd place match were most impressive. Gross was winning the one he lost with a couple seconds left when Morrison scored. To me the most impressive part is Gross is two weeks out of folkstyle (college rules) season. Where all of his opponents only train for freestyle. I believe he was the only wrestler who participated at the NCAA tournament and this event.

In order for Gross to make the US world team this year, he will need to make improvements over the next couple months. There are more challenging opponents in the US, but I do think it was positive first showing.

Comment

Originally posted by fan4wrestling View Post
                I will take a stab at this.

Gross Fall over Aguigui of Guam - Gross was favored in this match
                Gross 9-7 over Khasankhusein of Russia - Russian similar age to Gross was a 3-time world medalist, one-time world champ in Junior age group which both were in two years ago, Russian was favored
                Gross 4-6 loss to Morrison - NCAA All-american at Ok st graduated in 2014, he knocked off 1 and 2 seeds in tournament
                Gross 17-7 over Mack - 3 time NCAA qualifier graduated 2014, Gross had beaten Mack last year
                Gross 11-1 over Waters - 2 time NCAA All-america at Missouri graduated 2015, flowrestling predicted him to take 2nd place

The win over Russia and win in the 3rd place match were most impressive. Gross was winning the one he lost with a couple seconds left when Morrison scored. To me the most impressive part is Gross is two weeks out of folkstyle (college rules) season. Where all of his opponents only train for freestyle. I believe he was the only wrestler who participated at the NCAA tournament and this event.

In order for Gross to make the US world team this year, he will need to make improvements over the next couple months. There are more challenging opponents in the US, but I do think it was positive first showing.
                Awesome insight! Thank you for the information.

I hope he gets to the level he desires.

Comment

Working...
                X