Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TX Tech Women's BB Coach

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Just curious is the TT job better the the gophers? I would think it would have been the other way around. Probably other factors I am not aware of.
    I think this is a savvy business move more than anything. Up until this year she hadn't been very good, and she was not hired by the current AD. Probably was feeling the heat a bit and now has some security with TT. Supposedly they offered AJ 6 years, guessing her offer was at least that too. 6 year offer in hand..with a pay raise..no guarantee of anything beyond next year in Minnesota..some people think this year was a fluke..so I'd say she made a pretty good decision for herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
      I think this is a savvy business move more than anything. Up until this year she hadn't been very good, and she was not hired by the current AD. Probably was feeling the heat a bit and now has some security with TT. Supposedly they offered AJ 6 years, guessing her offer was at least that too. 6 year offer in hand..with a pay raise..no guarantee of anything beyond next year in Minnesota..some people think this year was a fluke..so I'd say she made a pretty good decision for herself.
      And there have been rumors that some of her players at Minnesota were ready to transfer.

Comment

and, she is most likely well aware she is not very popular with many gopher fans. things could turn very quickly on her next season. so, timing is right.

Comment

The job description for the Gopher job is out. Says playing in the WNBA/NBA counts as previous coaching experience. Current Lynx/former Gopher great Lindsay Whalen was asked Monday about the job and had no comment. Hmmm.... There have been rumors that she could team up with former Lynx assistant coach and Gopher men's player Jim Petersen. That would allow her to continue her playing career in the summer months.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            The job description for the Gopher job is out. Says playing in the WNBA/NBA counts as previous coaching experience. Current Lynx/former Gopher great Lindsay Whalen was asked Monday about the job and had no comment. Hmmm.... There have been rumors that she could team up with former Lynx assistant coach and Gopher men's player Jim Petersen. That would allow her to continue her playing career in the summer months.
            Good luck to U of M on this one. Let's hire a former player who's never coached a day in her life.....and then, let's continue to let her play in the WNBA while she's still our head coach. Please U of M, do this so I can laugh my a$$ off in 3 years when your WBB program still sucks. I hope for U of M's sake, this remains a rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Good luck to U of M on this one. Let's hire a former player who's never coached a day in her life.....and then, let's continue to let her play in the WNBA while she's still our head coach. Please U of M, do this so I can laugh my a$$ off in 3 years when your WBB program still sucks. I hope for U of M's sake, this remains a rumor.
              It would be high risk but it did work with Dawn Staley.

Comment

According to the twitters the top 3 candidates are AJ, Notre dame assistant Ivey, and Buffalo HC Legette-Jack. Two minority females. Gonna stick with my original prediction and say that AJ is the 3rd choice here.

Comment

According to the twitters the top 3 candidates are AJ, Notre dame assistant Ivey, and Buffalo HC Legette-Jack. Two minority females. Gonna stick with my original prediction and say that AJ is the 3rd choice here.
                  Did he apply?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                    Did he apply?
                    We won't ever know that.

Comment

We won't ever know that.
                      Gotcha

Comment

Why would that put AJ at a disadvantage?
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Wondering where you have seen AJ mentioned as a top 3. The Twin Cities people I follow that have been speculating about this have talked about Ivey and Legette-Jack being on the short list, but I haven't seen any buzz concerning AJ other than being on the general list of possible candidates. Doesn't mean he may not be high on the list though.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Wondering where you have seen AJ mentioned as a top 3. The Twin Cities people I follow that have been speculating about this have talked about Ivey and Legette-Jack being on the short list, but I haven't seen any buzz concerning AJ other than being on the general list of possible candidates. Doesn't mean he may not be high on the list though.
                            https://twitter.com/theballoutmedia/...17650476863488

Comment

That account only has 273 followers and 59 tweets so I'm not going to put much stock into it. The Star Tribune on the other hand has listed AJ as a possible replacement:

http://www.startribune.com/marlene-s...job/479181053/

Comment

That account only has 273 followers and 59 tweets so I'm not going to put much stock into it. The Star Tribune on the other hand has listed AJ as a possible replacement:

http://www.startribune.com/marlene-s...job/479181053/
                                That account nailed everything happening with TT before and after they were talking with Stollings, only reason I'm giving it credibility.

To answer some questions above because I can't figure out how to do the multiple reply...

You don't apply to these kinds of jobs.

Minnesota has male head coaches in their other two big women's sports, hockey and volleyball.
                                Minnesota has zero minority head coaches in any sport.
                                When you have a really good candidate available like buffalo HC Legette-Jack who checks both boxes, the writing is on the wall. I'd be shocked if she isn't hired.

Comment

Working...
                                X