Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TX Tech Women's BB Coach

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Fair enough, I like the borard being non-political, if I crossed that line ,I'm sorry to have offended anyone.
    Time out corner, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
      Time out corner, perhaps?
      Look, I apologized, if you want a lb of flesh.....forget it ...timeout cornor....don't get goofy. Lets treat this like adults if you can. This is getting pretty comical. I've said all I'm going to say on the subject. Have a good day.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-07-2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Look, I apologized, if you want a lb of flesh.....forget it ...timeout cornor....don't get goofy. Lets treat this like adults if you can. This is getting pretty comical. I've said all I'm going to say on the subject. Have a good day.
        You probably stated the truth. I wouldn't get too worried.

Comment

Fair enough, I like the borard being non-political, if I crossed that line ,I'm sorry to have offended anyone.
          Go ahead and go after Conservative opinion and it will get ignored by JackJD😊

Comment

if they are liberal, yes they probably were offended.....welp I couldn't help it so I am going to check out now.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Me too, one thing you can count on without fail is liberals being liberals.They will discriminate, when it suits their ideology.Is this too political,hope not,it's just my opinion based on observation.
              Though this post is political in nature, it didn't have to be. Simply pointing out the challenge (real or perceived) that AJ would face in being offered the U of M job would have been sufficient and would have been on topic. Attributing the flaw (real or perceived) to an entire political demographic (which would assume that everyone in said group thinks exactly the same way) is where you went off the rails.

What you are talking about is an individual problem (being hypocritical), not a group problem.

Through the years I've found respect for individuals from a wide range of ideologies, and I have been trying to figure out what the commonality was between them since their ideas/beliefs didn't seem to be the reason. My current hypothesis is that what makes a person respectable or not is two fold:

1) The consistency at which they apply their principles, particularly when a situation arrives in which the application of said principle would be inconvenient or detrimental to themselves.

2) That they hold themselves to a higher standard than they hold other people. This is indicative of a person who possesses a high level of self reflection.

Obviously nobody is perfect and we all wane from time to time, but a person isn't defined by their best or worse moments, but rather what they consistently do.

...now my head hurts. I propose that we ban all philosophical posts as well so I can be put in "time out."
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Though this post is political in nature, it didn't have to be. Simply pointing out the challenge (real or perceived) that AJ would face in being offered the U of M job would have been sufficient and would have been on topic. Attributing the flaw (real or perceived) to an entire political demographic (which would assume that everyone in said group thinks exactly the same way) is where you went off the rails.

What you are talking about is an individual problem (being hypocritical), not a group problem.

Through the years I've found respect for individuals from a wide range of ideologies, and I have been trying to figure out what the commonality was between them since their ideas/beliefs didn't seem to be the reason. My current hypothesis is that what makes a person respectable or not is two fold:

1) The consistency at which they apply their principles, particularly when a situation arrives in which the application of said principle would be inconvenient or detrimental to themselves.

2) That they hold themselves to a higher standard than they hold other people. This is indicative of a person who possesses a high level of self reflection.

Obviously nobody is perfect and we all wane from time to time, but a person isn't defined by their best or worse moments, but rather what they consistently do.

...now my head hurts. I propose that we ban all philosophical posts as well so I can be put in "time out."
                Dont go there! Your post was very reasonable in fact excellent, winning and claiming the money prizes seems to dominate collegiate thinking and what ever works will dictate who TT or UM hire for their next head coach. If we are stuck with AJ for another 20 years so be it.

Comment

It seems maybe a couple posters are having a difficult time understanding a simple point. There are countless sites where one can debate political themes -- if one wants to do that, go to those sites. This site is not intended for political discussion.

I provided such a reminder following a post by jackdaniel. I didn't find jackdaniel's post justified anything other than the comment I made. He responded "Fair enough..." and that was the end of it. As far as I'm concerned, jackdaniel is a member in good standing of this board.

RochJack suggested a penalty -- not going to happen in this case. 98farmerjack entered the fray. That wasn't necessary but will be ignored. Boxerboy took a shot but followed it with a smiley face indicating perhaps he's just joking. But, you can see what's happening: this thread is starting to slide down the slippery slope. Those that want to go there, go to a different site and debate political themes until you wear your keyboard out. Goon, your comment didn't help as you admitted.

I thought Kemo's comments were insightful.

But the bottom line is: go somewhere else to discuss politics. Personally, I think that should be the final word on the topic in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Dont go there! Your post was very reasonable in fact excellent, winning and claiming the money prizes seems to dominate collegiate thinking and what ever works will dictate who TT or UM hire for their next head coach. If we are stuck with AJ for another 20 years so be it.
                    I'm with Nidaros, and being stuck with AJ for a couple more decades is a "problem" I'd be happy to have.

Comment

It's official - Gophers coach Stollings is taking the TT job. Let the rumor mill begin !

Comment

Just curious is the TT job better the the gophers? I would think it would have been the other way around. Probably other factors I am not aware of.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Just curious is the TT job better the the gophers? I would think it would have been the other way around. Probably other factors I am not aware of.
                          It sounds like Stollings will be getting a pay raise. Living in and trying to recruit student athletes to Minneapolis vs Lubbock is open to debate. And TT is likely to always take a back seat to both Baylor and Texas in WBB.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            I personally don't think Texas Tech is a better job than U of M. So that might lend a hand in how much disarray the U of M athletic department currently is.

Comment

The STrib speculates on candidates:

The Former Gophers All-American and Minnesota Lynx star guard led Minnesota to a Final Four in 2004 and has won four WNBA titles with the Lynx. She has given no public indication that she won't play in the upcoming WNBA season, however. If she were to return to the U, she would give the Gophers fan base a jolt and perhaps boost the program's recruiting — a potential big win considering local talent is on the rise, with Hopkins sophomore guard Paige Bueckers leading the way.

Other possible names to watch include South Dakota State coach ​Aaron Johnston, Notre Dame assistant coach Niele Ivey and Gophers assistant Nikki Lowry-Dawkins.

Johnston and Ivey were both top Gophers candidates before Stollings was hired by former AD Norwood Teague. Lowry-Dawkins, the U's top recruiter, was a candidate for a few head coaching jobs before she joined Stollings' Gophers staff in 2014.

Comment

Stollings from MN took the job. This is a job AJ would be interested in you would think.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X