TX Tech Women's BB Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX Tech Women's BB Coach

...Candi Whitaker was fired a number of weeks ago after having little luck with winning at Lubbock. [Those who have been following the Summit League since SDSU joined, will recall Whitaker was the coach ate UMKC for several years before returning to her alma mater, Texas Tech, to lead the Red Raiders.] The search is on. Some sources speculate SDSU's Aaron Johnston would be a good candidate. Here's a March 8 SBNation blog with a blogger's speculation mentioning Coach AJ: https://www.vivathematadors.com/2018...-search-begins

Re: TX Tech Women's BB Coach

https://theraiderland.com/as-the-tex...ys-developing/
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I have no illusions that AJ is going to coach here forever, but with the team he has returning it would surprise me if this is the job that takes him away. The way it sounds on their message board, there are less than a handful of scholarship players returning, so it would be almost a complete rebuild. And with a young family and both sets of grandparents relatively close, it seems like Texas would be a long distance away. If this job was somewhere in the Upper Midwest it would worry me more than Lubbock, Texas does.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I have no illusions that AJ is going to coach here forever, but with the team he has returning it would surprise me if this is the job that takes him away. The way it sounds on their message board, there are less than a handful of scholarship players returning, so it would be almost a complete rebuild. And with a young family and both sets of grandparents relatively close, it seems like Texas would be a long distance away. If this job was somewhere in the Upper Midwest it would worry me more than Lubbock, Texas does.
        If you think that a job in the Big XII is nothing to worry about being able to pull away any of our coaches you need to get your reality checked tbh. Either that or you’re really all in on the wishful thinking. I’m quite certain that would come with a hefty bump in the paycheck as well as the prestige. How much truth is to the rumors of him being interviewed there is a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I’ll just say that I heard AJ was interviewing down in Texas early this week.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            I’ll just say that I heard AJ was interviewing down in Texas early this week.
            True or not, IDK. All I will say is I want a coach fully invested into SDSU. If AJ isn't, go, leave.

Comment

I will never forget about Candy Whittaker.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                True or not, IDK. All I will say is I want a coach fully invested into SDSU. If AJ isn't, go, leave.
                Hard eye roll.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Hard eye roll.
                  do you want a coach looking for greener pastures? AJ can be replaced.

Comment

I never thought she would be part of my life again...

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

It seems like I have seen that expression from my wife before!

Comment

Seems like everyone "looks around" now days don't they, it seems to have become the culture .Well, maybe not Stig.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          Really? It's been said so many times but perhaps should be stated again: mid-majors catch rising stars. We can't hang on to all of them. The good ones capable of getting P5-type offers have to accomplish big things at a mid-major to attract the attention of the P5s. I never want to lose AJ but he's certainly earned the attention of every P5 athletic director who is thinking about finding a great coach.

Comment

This is the look of extreme pressure to win ,save your job, etc.....to me anyway.

Comment

I will never forget about Candy Whittaker.

LOL. That can be read many ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X