Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New head coach

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Not true in wrestling. A coach that wrestled heavier in college will be much better at coaching the Higher weights as they have intimate knowledge of that style of wrestling over the lighter weights. There is a distinct difference, not saying he can't coach the lighter wrestlers, he''ll just have more info for the larger guys
    This is why he will likely hire an assistant that can have work with the lighter weights.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      I'd like Hahn for another reason, a local kid is getting seriously pursued by Cornell and I think he's a future All-American and a potential title contender. Phillip Moomey is a two time Nebraska state champion and still has a year of high school competition left. I know Reader was working on him to come to Brookings, but I know he was very interested in Cornell. Moomey had an impressive junior year wrestling, including repeating as a state champ and winning Fargo Nationals. His only loss was to one of Penn State's top recruits and Moomey should have beat him after leading 5-2 with 30 seconds to go in the match.
      I'm excited for Hahn and am looking forward to his staff being filled. However, I'm disappointed that we didn't land Phillip Moomey with Hahn becoming our new coach. This kid has what it takes to be an elite wrestler at the collegiate level. I know Hahn was involved with his recruitment to Cornell and Reader was working him hard to be a Jackrabbit. He announced yesterday that he's going to Cornell.

Comment

I'm excited for Hahn and am looking forward to his staff being filled. However, I'm disappointed that we didn't land Phillip Moomey with Hahn becoming our new coach. This kid has what it takes to be an elite wrestler at the collegiate level. I know Hahn was involved with his recruitment to Cornell and Reader was working him hard to be a Jackrabbit. He announced yesterday that he's going to Cornell.
        I am a Jackrabbit to the core, but if I had a chance to go to an Ivy League School, you take the opportunity and run with it. Who knows what happens in the future, it is a long way from home, and if it doesn't work, we might get a crack at him.

Comment

He had Nebraska, North Carolina State and Cornel as his top three. He would have been a tough get.

Comment

Cody Caldwell is remaining on the staff
            https://twitter.com/iawrestle/status...884951040?s=21
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Hahn announced Cody staying on Takedown Radio this morning. If you would like to listen to it, the link is below. His interview starts around the 27:00 mark (says differently in their listing, but it's wrong.)

https://tv.news.theopenmat.com/takedown-radio/
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Great interview and kudos to the #11thman as we have had a hand in making this a job coaches want. Let’s keep it going. #GetJacked #StayJacked

Comment

I know it’s wishful thinking, but if they could somehow get Kyle Dake here, that’d be amazing. I don’t know how likely that is with his international career, but that would be massive for the program .

The other assistants being listed were pretty incredible, as well. I was very intrigued by the Bryce Meredith idea. That one solves the lower weight coach and gets an extremely talented guy in the room. Sure to be an interesting week!

Comment

Any word if hiring of Hahn will keep recruiting class and team in place?

Comment

• Re: New head coach

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Today is his first official day in Brookings and on the job. I'm guessing he will have meet and greets set up with committed incoming guys soon. I'm guessing he wants the other open position filled before that. I expect it should be announced soon, by Wednesday? Once that is set he probably hits the road(weather permitting) and does in home visits with the 5 local-ish guys( O'Neill, Lloyd, Robb, Price and Sloan).

#getjacked!!!

Comment

Robb and Lloyd are staying
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Robb and Lloyd are staying
                          How about our 125-pounder, Connor Brown? Sure would be nice if he stuck around.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            How about our 125-pounder, Connor Brown? Sure would be nice if he stuck around.
                            That's kind of the wild card I guess. It depends on who is brought in to work with the lightweights as a coach, what(if any) scholarship money is available anywhere else(example, I heard out of state tuition at WI is around $35k/yr) and where he wants to be after a lot of this has had a chance to sink in.

Comment

Based on the interview with Hahn he hoped to announce the other assistant by end of this week.

Comment

Based on the interview with Hahn he hoped to announce the other assistant by end of this week.
                                Are the Jacks going to add an assistant ? Listened to the interview, and after Hahn said that Caldwell was staying on, he said that left two open positions. Or is one of those a grad assistant ?

Comment

Working...
                                X